Burger King Just Announced a Major New Chicken Sandwich
Burger King is done with serving a sub-par chicken sandwich. The chain just announced plans to roll out an improved version of its current chicken sandwich later this year. And judging by the looks of it, you can expect a juicier and thicker cut of chicken.
Accepting that it wasn't a top competitor in the space, Burger King began working on an upgrade to its Crispy Chicken Sandwich as early as 2019. The fast-food chain developed a sandwich with hand-breaded chicken, and it hopes guests will taste the difference. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
"What if hand-breading were to chicken what flame-grilling is to burgers?" Ellie Doty, the brand's chief marketing officer, asked in a news release. "That's been our guiding filter to bring a delicious chicken sandwich to guests in a way only BK can."
The new crispy-on-the-outside-juicy-on-the-inside filet will be served on a potato bun with Burger King's savory signature sauce and deli pickle slices, but customers will also be able to add extras like lettuce and tomato. It'll be available in both a classic and a spicy version at all Burger King locations later this year.
"Since we aren't down to half a** the process, we plan to introduce our sandwich later this year," the chain said. "We promise it will be worth the wait."
Burger King's sandwich is the latest in a series of new chicken innovations set to debut this year. Three highly anticipated crispy chicken sandwiches from McDonald's will drop later this month, while Taco Bell claims that its upcoming chicken offerings will "interrupt the chicken sandwich category."
For more on new items launching this year, check out 5 New Menu Items McDonald's Is Releasing This Year. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 4 Ice Cream Chains That Use the Best Quality Ingredients
- – This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Crustless "Pizza"
- – The 7 Biggest Restaurant Scandals in America
- – Burger King Is Allegedly Pulling These Recently Released Sandwiches Off the Menu
- – 4 Restaurant Chains With the Most Craveable Menu Items in America, According to Customers
- – 13 Secrets About The Cheesecake Factory Every Fan Should Know
- – The #1 Order to Never Make at a Burger Joint, According to Chefs
- – Burger King Will Not Be Bringing Back This Cheap Burger, CEO Says