Burger King Just Launched Three Major New Sandwiches
Burger King is about to make your morning routine cheesier! Officially starting today, the chain is selling three hot new breakfast sandwiches that will please both the carnivores and the cheese aficionados among us.
The new Cheesy Breakfast Melts come in three varieties. Each Melt includes your choice of sizzling sausage, crispy bacon, or black forest ham alongside fluffy folded eggs and two slices of American cheese. It's all cradled between two pieces of round, toasted bread—which looks like the same type of bread we've recently seen on the new BK Whopper Melts.
The breakfast melts are available for a recommended price of #3.49.
And don't miss This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States.
Burger King has been making several menu changes lately to catch up to its competition. It had fallen to third place behind McDonald's and Wendy's in terms of sales, prompting more innovation. For years, BK and McDonald's rivaled for America's top burger chain, offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner items. In 2020, Wendy's entered the scene with its new breakfast menu, bumping Burger King to the third position in the fast-food wars. Now, Burger King is attempting to regain its status with fans.
Jose Cil, CEO of Burger King's parent company Restaurant Brands International (RBI) spoke about the chain's opportunity to gain headway by ramping up its morning menu. During the company's third-quarter 2021 earnings call, he said, "We also view breakfast as one of the most incremental menu and daypart opportunities for the brand."
So, to beef up their game, Burger King chose to add a little excitement to their fare. First, in March with the launch of the Whopper Melts, and now with the unveiling of the Cheesy Breakfast Melts. And we can likely expect to see several more menu additions this year.
More content from Restaurants
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't as Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it
- – Taco Bell's Entire Breakfast Menu—Ranked From Least to Most Healthy