This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
According to a press release, the Wichita-based brand recently made its debut in the Dakotas with the opening of two new locations: one in Fargo, N.D., and another in Sioux Falls, S.D. And it looks like it was a move that very much delighted local burger aficionados.
Despite being open for just over four weeks, the Fargo location was one of Freddy's strongest performing restaurants over the last month, while the Sioux Falls location, which opened on April 26, had record-high opening week sales.
For more fast-food news, check out This Beloved "Better Burger" Chain Plans to Open Up to 20 New Locations This Year.
"It's rewarding to see the excitement around the new restaurants in Fargo and Sioux Falls. We have continued to focus on the Midwest for franchise development because we've seen how well Freddy's has been received in the region," Andrew Thengvall, chief development officer at Freddy's, said in a statement.
Freddy's, which was founded in 2002, currently operates more than 430 locations across 36 states. The company is planning to open three additional restaurants in Grand Fork, Minot, and Bismarck, N.D., as well as three new locations in Rapid, S.D. Since the beginning of 2022, the 20-year-old brand has experienced continuous growth, having already opened 18 new stores. The aim is to open 45 more before the end of the year.
Aside from adding new units to its portfolio, Freddy's also continues to expand its non-traditional restaurant formats. Recently, it opened its first airport location in the Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City, Okla., while last June, it broke ground on its "restaurant of the future" design in Salina, Kan. The prototype is Freddy's first restaurant that will not have a dining room, and it will feature double drive-thru lanes, patio seating, a walk-up window, and parking stalls for curbside pickup.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Is Making Major Internal Changes That Will Impact the Way It Operates
- – These Popular Restaurant Chains Plan On Keeping Prices Competitive, CEO Says
- – 6 Pizza Chains With the Most Food Quality Complaints
- – 4 Just-Launched Taco Bell Items You Can Try Right Now
- – Taco Bell Is Testing This Crazy New Snack Food Hybrid
- – 5 Truths About the Fast-Food Industry That Will Make You Lose Your Appetite
- – McDonald's Latest Drive-Thru Innovation Could Soon Be Added to More Locations
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains Most Criticized By Customers