Carrie Underwood's Workout Routine Involves These Strength Training Moves
It's pretty clear that multi-platinum award-winning artist Carrie Underwood is doing something very right, and we're not just talking about her amazing voice. When it comes to having a fit, ultra-toned body, the singer and songwriter gets a five-star plus rating. The recent 39-year-old won an award at the recent Academy of Country Music Awards and looked fabulously toned on stage. Underwood has two adorable sons with her husband, Mike Fisher, a former professional hockey player. This star is an entertainer, mom, and wife, she looks beautiful and fit, and we want to know Carrie Underwood's workout routine secrets.
One of the country's favorite American Idols keeps a busy touring schedule and is currently preparing for a residency at The Theatre at Resorts World in Las Vegas. When does this celeb even have time to work out? Well, just about every day, according to Eve Overland, Underwood's trainer, in a recent interview with Shape. Read on to learn more about Carrie Underwood's workout routine, and next, be sure to check out The 6 Best Exercises for Strong and Toned Arms in 2022, Trainer Says.
Underwood's trainer, Eve Overland, reveals the star is "the complete package"
Overland shared Underwood's secret to a toned body, revealing to Shape, "[We] have a laugh when we say we like to focus on 'vanity muscles' [e.g. biceps and shoulders]—muscle groups that pop and are show-stopping when she is on stage performing or on the red carpet." Overland adds, "Carrie has always been celebrated for her noteworthy legs. But as her trainer (and friend) I get so much joy when people notice how sculpted and strong her arms are as well. She is the complete package."
Underwood "loves to push her body" and is always game for a challenge
Underwood's trainer continues to say the star maintains a "positive mindset when it comes to working out and her goals," and puts a good emphasis on mobility and strength "so she can keep up with her boys and do what she loves to do for as long as possible." Overland stresses, "She's also always up for a challenge and loves to push her body. She continues to grow by trying new things and practices until it is mastered. She never ceases to amaze me."
The country music star shares 'fitspo on her Instagram feed
Underwood has shared some of her health and fitness habits with her 11 million followers on Instagram. She recently revealed her taste for @drinkbodyarmor in LYTE Kiwi Strawberry flavor, where one fan commented on her post, "If it tastes as good as you look I'll be drinking it morning, noon and night. You my dear, look marvelous." She also shared a workout video of herself working out with a rowing machine, jump rope, free weights, and doing pushups.
Underwood's workout routine involves pull-ups, bench dips, renegade rows, and more
Underwood's exact workout calls for a workout bench, pair of dumbbells, a pull-up bar, and a set of resistance bands. The routine calls for going through each triset one time, matching the number of sets and reps.
- Pull-Ups (5 reps, and rest for 30 seconds)
- Dumbbell Reverse-Grip Bent-Over Row (10 to 12 reps, and rest for 30 seconds)
- Renegade Row (10 reps—left and right counts as 1 rep—and rest for 60 seconds)
- Alternating Floor Press (10 to 12 reps—left and right counts as 1 rep—and rest for 30 seconds)
- Push-Up with Shoulder Tap (as many reps as you can for 30 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds)
- Bench Dip (as many reps as you can for 30 seconds, then rest for 60 seconds)
- Dumbbell Push Press (10 to 12 reps, and rest for 30 seconds)
- Dumbbell Shoulder to Shoulder Press (10 to 12 reps, and rest for 10 seconds)
- Dive Bomber (10 reps, and rest for 60 seconds)
- Overhead Triceps Extension (12 reps, and rest for 10 seconds)
- Resistance Band Wide Bicep Curl (12 reps, and rest for 60 seconds)
- Dumbbell Uppercut (as many reps as you can for 30 seconds, then rest for 60 seconds)