Chick-fil-A Is Bringing Back This Sandwich For the First Time Since 2019
There's good news for those craving an innovation from Chick-fil-A. It's been a minute since the chain added a new sandwich to its lineup, so the return of this latest seasonal item will definitely bring joy to the fans.
Chick-fil-A just brought back the Smokehouse BBQ Bacon Sandwich, which was last seen on the menu in 2019. The elevated take on the popular Grilled Chicken Sandwich features a seasoned and grilled chicken breast, Colby-Jack cheese, bacon tossed in a mixture of brown sugar and black pepper, lettuce, and a zesty BBQ sauce.
For more fast-food news, check out 8 Worst Fast-Food Burgers to Stay Away From Right Now.
The sandwich will set you back 480 calories—which makes it indulgent but still lighter than the Chick-fil-A's deluxe sandwiches.
This winter treat was first introduced to the nationwide menu in 2017. According to Chick-fil-A's website, the sandwich began its development journey back in 2014, but the long process was worth it—customers simply couldn't get enough of the flavor combos during a limited test in Charlotte, N.C. in 2015.
"People were eating the sandwich and asking for little cups of the sauce so they could either add more to the sandwich or dip their Waffle Fries in it," said Christy Cook, Chick-fil-A's senior culinary lead who invented the item. "They loved the black pepper brown sugar bacon on top and wanted to buy it on its own, with the sauce."
Cook collaborated with Atlanta celebrity chef Ford Fry on the sandwich and both thought it important to pay special attention to each detail—from the hearty bun sourced from a Chicago bakery to the BBQ sauce, which combines a smoky flavor with the tanginess of vinegar.
"I made a lot of trips to the hill country where black pepper was really, really big as a seasoning," Fry said. "I wanted the BBQ sauce to have a little bit of bite, along with a smoky flavor."
The sandwich will be available at select locations for a limited time.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country
- – McDonald's Will Be Offering Major Savings On These Items Next Week
- – 7 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches to Stay Away From Right Now
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains With the Best Salad Options Right Now
- – 7 Secrets About Burger King That'll Blow Your Mind
- – 9 Controversial Ads Fast-Food Chains Wish We'd Forget
- – This Struggling Burger Chain Is Going Seatless To Jumpstart Growth