Costco Is Selling These Fast-Food Chicken Nugget Copycats
The video, which has garnered millions of views, was posted by TikTok user @floridamomof3 and compares a new line of nuggets from the Just Bare brand with Chick-fil-A's version. It features a mother-daughter duo who can't believe their taste buds upon trying the Costco-purchased nuggets dipped in Chick-fil-A's original sauce (now sold at retail).
After warming the frozen nuggets in the oven, the duo conducts an on-camera taste-test and the daughter exclaims, "You wouldn't even know the difference," while her mother adds, "It tastes just like Chick-fil-A."
Although ostensibly created as an innocent taste test, the video does seem almost as a staged marketing ploy, with the two regularly repeating the name "Chick-fil-A" while eating the copycat nuggets. In fact, they mention Chick-fil-A a total of nine times during the brief video. They also mention the stores Publix and Costco by name, and say the Just Bare brand name twice.
According to The Chickenwire, Chick-fil-A's own publication, the company's nuggets are among their most popular menu item, rated the third most popular menu item in a survey from late 2018. It's not surprising then that any store-bought nugget brand would benefit from the association.
And this frozen option at Costco is a delicious yet cheaper way to enjoy fast-food nuggets at home. A bag of the Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Chunks packs 4 pounds of chicken and retails for $17.49 via Instacart. That means you are paying around 27 cents per ounce of chicken. On the other hand, an eight-count order of Chick-fil-A nuggets weighs 4 ounces, according to Fat Secret, and costs $3.85, which is just over 48 cents per ounce.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest grocery news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Is Expanding Its Bakery Selection Right Now
- – 4 Dairy Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The Best Costco Backyard BBQ Basics Right Now
- – Costco, Walmart, and Other Stores Just Pulled More of This Peanut Butter From Shelves
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer