This Beloved Fried Chicken Chain Just Brought Back a Popular Menu Item
Southern favorite Zaxby's is known for its crispy fried chicken fingers, signature sauce, and crinkle-cut fries. While these staple items are always there for customers to enjoy, many fans have come to love another shareable side that has only graced the menu periodically.
Now, that side is finally back—and this time it's for good! Zaxby's has just announced that the popular Fried Pickles have just landed on the menu and will stay there.
And don't miss 5 Outdated Burger Chains Attempting to Make a Comeback.
"Fried Pickles are a Southern staple that's having a bit of a moment," said Stephanie Gamble, vice president of menu innovation at Georgia-based Zaxby's. "Our customers have always loved Zaxby's cornmeal-dusted crispy version paired with our creamy, cool ranch sauce. It's the perfect summer snack, and now we'll have it all year round."
Zaxby's Fried Pickles are made from fresh, crinkle-cut slices of dill pickles, dusted in cornmeal batter, deep-fried, and served with a buttermilk and herb ranch sauce. The side is a nod to the brand's Southern roots, where the appetizer was first invented.
The pickles originally debuted on the chain's menu in 2016 and were a very successful addition. Despite their popularity, however, the pickles were taken off the menu only to reappear in 2020 for a brief three months before being removed again. A press release confirms the item will now be a "permanent menu item going forward," although it will only be available at select locations.
Zaxby's also added a Signature Club Sandwich to its menu lineup at the beginning of March. The Signature Club Sandwich features a twist on the traditional Signature Sandwich, adding two slices of bacon and American cheese. The original sandwich features a double-breaded chicken breast fillet on a potato bun with a choice of Zax Sauce or Spicy Zax Sauce.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Burger
- – 12 Worst Steakhouse Sides to Stay Away From Right Now
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – The Best Chili in Every State
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations
- – 4 Once-Favorite Pizza Chains in America That Went Out of Business
- – The #1 Unhealthiest Steak at Every Popular Steakhouse Chain