McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu
There are few desserts that can hit the spot better on a hot summer day than a McFlurry from McDonald's. Fans who agree will be excited to know that the fast-food chain is releasing a salty and sweet addition to the lineup of flavors to choose from.
The new Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry features creamy vanilla soft serve with caramel swirls and blended-in chocolate pretzel bites and will be available starting May 25. For those that can't get enough of the layered flavor combination of sweet and savory, this may be the ultimate McFlurry. But you should hurry up to try it as it won't be available for long—it's only a limited-time release.
The Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry comes in two sizes, regular and snack. While prices may vary, the regular McFlurry is $3.29, and the snack size is $2.59 at most locations. The new McFlurry flavor will be available at select McDonald's restaurants nationwide.
This isn't the first time the Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry has been on the menu. In August of 2021, the McFlurry was available in some areas of Southern California for a limited time, perhaps to test the market prior to a national rollout. At the time, YouTube fast food reviewer Peep THIS Out! gave it a favorable rating of 8 out of 10, saying "the ice cream is awesome with the saltiness of the pretzels, definitely a lovely situation."
McDonald's also recently brought back the Glazed Pull Apart Donut to its McCafe Bakery lineup. The pastry, which can be eaten as one donut or pulled apart to make seven individual donut holes for sharing, originally made its debut as part of a fall menu update last year.
Love a good burger? Check out This Fastest Growing Burger Chain In America, According to New Data.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Clever Moves Fast-Food Chains Used To Stay Relevant in 2022
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't as Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it