Man Finds Gross Discovery In His Taco Bell Order
From soft and hard tacos with a multitude of toppings like lettuce, tomato, and sour cream, Taco Bell offers a huge selection of options on its menu. But recently, a North Dakota man got an extra topping on his taco that definitely wasn't supposed to be there.
According to local news outlet Valley News Live, Michael Bingham and his girlfriend ordered their food from the chain's location in Fargo and left to go eat. That's when he bit into his taco and discovered a piece of metal hardware.
"I tried to dig it out to see what it was, and it was this little screw or bolt," Bingham told Valley News Live. "I was just kind of in shock."
Worried that there might be more foreign objects lurking throughout the order, Bingham checked the rest of the food. Thankfully, the remainder of the order was metal-free.
Bingham called the restaurant to report his finding, and the employee he dealt with immediately called the location's general manager.
"He said the GM didn't believe me, and she thought I was lying," Bingham said. The employee did, however, offer Bingham a refund and coupons to use at his next visit.
"That could easily happen again if it happened to me," Bingham said. "I just want people to be aware that [this] can happen in restaurants pretty easily I guess. They should definitely be more careful with checking."
This isn't the first time a fast-food customer has been shocked to find a foreign object in their order. Last month, a woman in the UK found a snail shell in her McDonald's burger.
A request for comment from Taco Bell's corporate office as to how this incident may have occurred was unanswered.
For more, check out 6 Major Changes Taco Bell Made This Year.
More content from Restaurants
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't As Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it
- – Taco Bell's Entire Breakfast Menu—Ranked From Least to Most Healthy
- – You Can Now Gift Yourself a Chipotle Mystery Box Filled With Exclusive Goodies