"Mini Workouts" Are The New Fitness Trend To Know About Right Now
You may have kicked off the new year with a fitness mission in mind: "I'm going to exercise for an hour or more every day." So often when you're thinking about embracing a healthy lifestyle, it can be tempting to set lofty goals instead of dedicating yourself to small, regular actions you can easily maintain. Recently, I've noticed a mindset shift in my clients who are embracing how "mini workouts" and "little adapts" in their habits can be the most rewarding and successful way to make the biggest lifestyle changes.
First off, what are "mini workouts?" They are any workouts that are 10 minutes or less. They can be the most incredible tools in reaching your health goals when it comes to losing weight, toning up, and even having more energy. Read on to learn why mini workouts are so effective, and next, check out The 6 Best Exercises for Strong and Toned Arms in 2022, Trainer Says.
They naturally create daily movement
You may be struggling to create a workout routine, because you are doing a handful of longer workouts every week rather than spreading those hours out on a daily basis. This makes moving your body more approachable and accessible for your already hectic schedule, ultimately leading to more consistent movement.
Mini workouts can reduce feelings of stress and guilt
Any time you exercise, your brain produces more endorphins—those feel-good vibes you feel after a workout—which results in a better mood and less stress. Plus, the feelings of guilt associated with not working out will melt away when you exercise more regularly.
They can give you a major confidence boost
Because mini workouts improve your mood and can get your heart pumping, they also will keep you wanting more. The best part? They allow you to fit in what you can with limited time, but also give you the opportunity to add on. There is no better way to build confidence knowing you just exceeded your expectations by doing multiple workouts when you had only intended to do one! (Furthermore, science backs this up, as previous studies have found exercise can result in a self-esteem boost.)
If you want to try the mini workout trend, here are a few ideas to get you started
- 7-Minute Arm + Shoulders Workout
- 5-Minute Plank + Pushup Series:
- Hold 20-second straight arm plank
- Tap same knee, same elbow 10 times
- Tap opposite knee, opposite elbow 10 times
- 10 pushups
- Child's pose + 15-second rest
- Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 rounds
- The Best Full-Body Workout with Resistance Bands
More content from Mind + Body
- – What a Daily Jogging Habit Does to Your Body After 50
- – You Won't Gain Muscle Mass if You Don't Do These Exercises, Trainer Says
- – Slim Down and Get Toned With This 15-Minute Jogging Workout
- – The Top-Recommended Workout To Lose Arm Fat Fast, Trainer Says
- – Your 15-Minute Thanksgiving Day Fat-Burning Workout
- – Want a Slim, Toned Body for Good? Adopt This Machine Workout ASAP
- – This Walking Workout Is Key to Rapid Weight Loss, Expert Says
- – The #1 "Turkey-Burn" Workout to Debloat Your Body Post-Thanksgiving