Panera Just Brought Back These Seasonal Items After 3 Years
The Lobster Roll and Lobster Mac and Cheese are back on the menu at nearly 200 participating Panera restaurants. The restaurants participating in the seasonal promotion are only located in the northeastern United States, though.
A Panera spokesperson said that they added the lobster items to the menu because the brand wants to keep things seasonal.
"At Panera, we change our menu regularly to bring in the flavors of the seasons and we're thrilled to offer our East Coast guests two outstanding lobster entrees for the summer," Claes Petersson, Panera's head chef and chief innovation officer, said in a statement.
The beloved traditional Vermont white cheddar macaroni and cheese is the base of the mac and cheese—and then it's sprinkled with buttery lobster meat and seasoned bread crumbs. The meal ranges in price from $9.99 for a small and $19.99 for a large.
The Lobster Roll sandwich takes inspiration from the New England summer staple commonly served at oceanside restaurants there. It combines lobster claw and knuckle meat with a tarragon lemon mayonnaise dressing layered on top. It will set your wallet back $22.99.
"Pairing juicy, delicious lobster with our iconic mac & cheese is a bold flavor sensation we think our guests will wish could be on the menu all year round," Petersson said.
These seafood dishes are a pleasant change from the traditional tuna salad sandwich that Panera serves on its daily menu. While the lobster roll and macaroni and cheese are limited edition, it's not clear how long they will stick around. The special menu items were previously available in June 2019.
Hungry for more fast food news? Check out 5 Outdated Burger Chains That Are Making A Comeback.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Is Making Major Internal Changes That Will Impact the Way It Operates
- – These Popular Restaurant Chains Plan On Keeping Prices Competitive, CEO Says
- – 6 Pizza Chains With the Most Food Quality Complaints
- – 4 Just-Launched Taco Bell Items You Can Try Right Now
- – Taco Bell Is Testing This Crazy New Snack Food Hybrid
- – 5 Truths About the Fast-Food Industry That Will Make You Lose Your Appetite
- – McDonald's Latest Drive-Thru Innovation Could Soon Be Added to More Locations
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains Most Criticized By Customers