Popeyes Just Launched a New Item That's Sure to Become a Customer Favorite
The Sides section of Popeyes' menu is growing again, with the launch of a new item that's sure to become a favorite among its loyal fans.
After discontinuing the Cajun Rice and Green Beans earlier this year, the chain's selection of side dishes seemed a little lackluster. But the situation is about to be remedied with a new addition that fits right in with the rest of Popeyes items.
The chain just announced the launch of the new Homestyle Mac & Cheese, a craveable, creamy staple of Southern comfort food. And in case you're wondering how this version stacks up against your grandma's mac 'n' cheese, here's what's in it: noodles, butter, and lots of cheddar cheese, which then get topped with more cheese before going into the oven. So you can expect a gooey, cheesy interior with a nice golden-brown crust on top. According to the chain, it's supposed to taste just like homemade.
"We know there is nothing like a baked Mac & Cheese that's straight out of the oven," said Amy Alarcon, vice president of culinary innovation at Popeyes. "We wanted our new Homestyle Mac & Cheese to embody the spirit of home cooking, so we topped it with shredded cheddar cheese and baked it in the oven to create a golden-brown crust that compliments the rich and velvety noodles beneath."
"We know there is nothing like a baked Mac & Cheese that's straight out of the oven. We wanted our new Homestyle Mac & Cheese to embody the spirit of home cooking, so we topped it with shredded cheddar cheese and baked it in the oven to create a golden-brown crust that compliments the rich and velvety noodles beneath. We think the Homestyle Mac & Cheese is a dish that celebrates our love for rich flavors and pairs perfectly with our current Louisiana-style menu items, and we can't wait for our guests to try it."
Beyond just being a perfect side dish to add to your Family Meal or a 3-Piece Chicken Meal, the Mac & Cheese could also play a more central role in your order. If you're craving pasta, you could order the Large as a main dish and add some chicken strips to that for good measure. Or go bolder and add it as a topping in your Spicy Chicken Sandwich—something Panera is doing with their Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich launched recently. In any case, this opens up a host of new possibilities in customizing your Popeyes favorites (and if you need a little inspiration, here's how others do it.)
The new Mac & Cheese will be rolling out nationwide this week, and will be available in stores and via delivery apps.
The Louisiana-style fast-food chain has been on an innovation streak recently. In July, it finally launched Chicken Nuggets nationwide. Then in October, it announced its first-ever collaboration with a celebrity, which gave us the Meghan Thee Stallion Hottie Sauce.
For more, check out:
- Starbucks Is Releasing This Major Celeb Collaboration Today
- Justin Bieber Is Teaming Up With This Major Coffee Chain On a New Menu Item
- Here's Why Popeyes Almost Disappeared From the Fast-Food Scene
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't as Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it
- – Taco Bell's Entire Breakfast Menu—Ranked From Least to Most Healthy