Trader Joe's Is No Longer Selling This Salad, FDA Says
Summer is here and Trader Joe's shoppers have a handful of new items to choose from amongst the aisles from drinks to snacks. One item won't be available, though, because of a threat of illness. The lemony Arugula Basil Salad Kit sold at stores nationwide is the subject of a new recall, the grocery chain and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) just announced.
In an alert posted to its website on May 27 and on the FDA's list of recalls, Trader Joe's says that the supplier of the bagged salad kit recently reported that some may contain egg and wheat—both of which are common allergens—not listed on the label. Instead, the only ingredients on the 9.75-ounce packaging include arugula, carrots, almonds, and parmesan cheese with a basil lemon vinegarette.
"We have been alerted by our supplier of Trader Joe's Lemony Arugula Basil Salad Kit (SKU# 66293) that product with a BEST IF USED BY date code of JUNE 2, 2022 may contain undeclared egg and wheat," the grocery chain outlines in the alert. "If you purchased any Lemony Arugula Basil Salad Kit with the affected code and have an egg or wheat allergy, please do not eat it. We urge you to discard the product or return it to any Trader Joe's for a full refund."
No information about how the issue was discovered is mentioned, but Trader Joe's does state that there have been no reports about any illnesses or allergic reactions and that all the potentially affected bags of salad are no longer available for purchase.
The end of the alert says that any customer who has a question about the salad kit recall can call Trader Joe's Customer Relations or send an email. For details on this, click here. Unfortunately, though, this isn't the only item sold at the chain to be recalled recently. If you bought organic strawberries there in the last month, there is a major warning you should be aware of.
More content from Groceries
- – Reminder: You're Buying Things At Costco That You Don't Need
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues