3,000 Walmart Locations Now Offer This Easy Grocery Service
The 3,000th store with same-day grocery delivery services is in Harker Heights, Texas, Chee says, and with the addition, 70% of the U.S. population can now get groceries without leaving their home. Walmart says the service—which features 180,000 food items and products to browse online—saves customers about 2.5 hours in the store every week.
"When we launched delivery from your store in 2018, we knew it would be a game-changer for our customers, but we would have never expected the growth we saw last year due to the pandemic," Chee says in a post on LinkedIn. "I'm so proud of how we were able to scale this service over the last year to make it available to our customers in a time they've needed it most."
Walmart looked to rival Amazon Prime with the launch of Walmart+ in September 2020, just as the number of stores with delivery services went up to about 2,700, according to Grocery Dive. Currently, grocery delivery is free for Walmart+ members.
With the rise in the number of Walmart store locations that now offer same-day grocery delivery, the company is also testing other ways to get your items to you. Dozens of new fulfillment centers are in the works, and Walmart is also testing drone and automated truck deliveries.
More content from Groceries
- – 5 Popsicle Brands To Stay Away From Right Now
- – These Kroger Locations Will Soon Offer Gambling
- – Cereal Brands With Questionable Food Quality Practices
- – These Chocolate Products Have Just Been Pulled From Grocery Shelves
- – 4 Worst Hot Dogs To Stay Away From Right Now
- – 6 Non-Dairy Food Brands To Stay Away From Right Now
- – This Specialty Grocery Chain Is Making a Comeback After Closing Locations
- – 5 Major Changes Costco Is Making Right Now