This Beloved Grocery Chain Is Expanding to a New State This Fall
Fans of the Rochester, New York-based grocery chain Wegmans will be glad to learn that the store is expanding operations into a new state.
Wegmans currently has chains in seven states: New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, and North Carolina—and now, Delaware can also be added to that list.
Wegman's new Delaware location will be located just outside the city of Wilmington at the intersection of Lancaster Pike and Barley Mill Road in New Castle County.
Wegmans said the 84,000-square-foot supermarket will have a European open-air market look and feel, offering an "abundance of choice, the best ingredients, thousands of organic options, restaurant-quality prepared food, and consistent low prices."
The Wilmington store will have a fall opening date and is looking to fill 85 full-time positions ahead of the store opening. Wegmans said full-time positions available at the Wilmington location include customer service positions and culinary professionals such as line cooks.
Wegmans said overall that the new location will employ close to 450 people—a majority of whom will be hired locally.
"We've had the opportunity to meet some amazing candidates who are already training and preparing for our opening this fall," Wilmington Store Manager Jared Fedor said in a statement. "We look forward to continuing to hire applicants who have a passion for food and are eager to make a difference for both our customers and the community."
Wegmans, which was recently named on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list, is also planning to open two other locations this year in Carlyle, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. The company employs 52,000 associates and operates 106 stores.
For more grocery news, check out 6 Major Differences in ALDI and Trader Joe's Right Now.
More content from Groceries
- – The Price of This Costco Deli Item Has Gotten Out of Hand, Members Say
- – Skittles, Starburst, and Life Savers Are Being Pulled From Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
- – This Beloved Sparkling Water Brand Just Released Four Game-Changing New Drinks
- – This Expanding Costco Rival Doesn't Require a Membership
- – 50 Bottled Drinks to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves
- – 6 Most Popular Summer Snacks At Costco Right Now
- – We Tasted 10 Vanilla Ice Creams & This Is the Best One!
- – These 6 Costco Items Have Gone Up In Price Recently