If You Bought This Ice Cream, Throw It Out Now
That container of ice cream sitting in your freezer right now may be contaminated with foreign matter that presents a possible choking hazard. A recall has been issued for four ice cream products after a customer reported finding an intact piece of metal equipment in a tub of Cookies and Cream.
Almost 10,900 containers of Weis Quality Cookies and Cream are being recalled by Weis Markets, the FDA announced on Jan. 8. The 48-ounce blue and white tubs were pulled from store shelves after being sold in 197 Weis Markets' locations in seven states: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. The containers have a UPC code of 041497-01253 and a sell-by date of 10/28/21. Anyone who purchased the ice cream can return it for a full refund. (There are other foods to stay away from to jump-start the new year, but here are The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.)
Hundreds of 3-gallon Klein's Vanilla Dairy tubs were also included in the recall. While the containers weren't for retail sale, they were sold to one retail establishment in New York. The code stamp on the tubs is 0302.
The safety of containers of Klein's Cookies and Cream Dairy and Nelson's Graham Slam were also called into question after the products were produced on the same day as the Weis Quality Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. However, they were stored in a warehouse and never distributed to any store. For their full UPC codes, visit FDA.gov.
So far, there has only been the one reported incident. Customers seeking additional information can call the Weis customer service line at 1-866-999-9347. (This isn't the only recall to affect grocery stores recently. Crock-Pot Just Recalled Nearly a Million Multi-Cookers, and If You Have This Dog Food, Throw it Out Now.)
To get all the latest grocery news like the Weis ice cream recall delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Just Raised The Price of These Two Bakery Items
- – This New Fruit Is Coming To Your Grocery Store Soon
- – The #1 Walmart Snack For Your 'Stranger Things' Season 4 Viewing Party
- – These 7 Grocery Chains Are Closing Locations For Good Right Now
- – 10 Worst Beers to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves
- – Costco Just Pulled These 4 Items From Warehouses
- – The Most Popular Grocery Store Aisle Isn't What You Think, Says New Report
- – These New 6 Trader Joe's Items Are Worth Buying Right Now