This One Beer Is The Secret to Living 100 Years, Says a 106-Year-Old
It sounds like a long, healthy life might not be all about swearing off treats and forever avoiding alcohol. A nearly 107-year-old Pennsylvania woman reportedly credits one unexpected habit—a beer a day—with her longevity. But not just any beer!
Keep reading to learn the beer brand some media outlets are referring to as the real fountain of youth. Also, don't miss Eating Habits to Lower Your Cholesterol, According to Dietitians.
Margaret Dilullo, a woman from the Reading, PA area, received a special shipment on Thursday when representatives from Yuengling arrived at Dilullo's home.
The Yuengling team included Debbie Yuengling, a sixth-generation member of the brewery, who presented Dilullo with multiple cases of Yuengling beer. It seems the Yuengling team traveled from their Pottsville, PA headquarters, which lies about an hour away from Dilullo's home.
Subscribe to the Eat This, Not That! newsletter to get the biggest food news daily.
A Loyal Patron
View this post on Instagram
WBRE-TV reports, "Dilullo shared the secret behind her long, healthy life—she says drinking a Yuengling lager every day."
The outlet quoted the Yuengling fan saying, "If I want a beer, I have a beer."
There May Be Something to It…
While overdoing beer drinking (or just about anything) isn't likely to be beneficial, recent reports have indeed suggested that the compounds in some beers, including non-alcoholic brews, can do your body good in a number of ways. Read 4 Major Effects Drinking Beer Has on Your Health, New Study Says.
(Also, consider peeking at The Worst Beer Mistake You Can Make, Experts Say.)
Maybe This Is the Key
The Queen of England, who's 95, also recently revealed that she has alcohol every day—even up to 4 cocktails in 24 hours! But, as Margaret Dilullo's one-beer-a-day routine suggests, maybe one secret to a healthy life is balance and moderation. Check out The Easiest Way to Live Longer, Says Science.
We've got more of the latest here:
- These Drinks Are Causing You to Age Faster, New Research Says
- The Final Verdict on Whether Coffee Pods Are Bad for You, Expert Says
- Turns Out, Diet Soda May Actually Make You Gain Weight
- 23 Cozy Soup Recipes That Are Perfect For Weight Loss This Fall
- The #1 Worst Eating Habit That Ages You Faster, Says Expert
More content from Healthy Eating
- – 6 Surprising Side Effects of Eating a Burger, Says Science
- – The 7 Best Proteins To Eat Every Day, Say Dietitians
- – 12 Disturbing Effects of Drinking Alcohol You Should Never Ignore
- – This Is The Worst Reason to Drink Wine, According to Science
- – The #1 Best Fish To Eat for Your Heart, Says Dietitian
- – 4 Surprising Effects of Chewing Gum, Says Dietitian
- – 5 Worst Eating Habits Secretly Raising Your Cholesterol, Say Dietitians
- – Surprising Side Effects of Eating Flax Seeds, Says Science