Paleo Bacon-Chile Burgers With Guacamole and Fresh Salsa Recipe
Just because you're craving a burger doesn't mean you have to waste more than 1,000 calories on a basic sit-down restaurant or fast food order! While some popular chains do sell burgers with more than 1,000 calories, you can actually enjoy a delicious burger with bacon (yes, bacon!) for a mere 402 calories. By simply adding some guacamole and fresh salsa, you'll have a flavorful patty that will keep you feeling full and satisfied.
The best part? This meal can be enjoyed on a paleo diet! For those who are paleo, you could always try using a vegetable as a bun (like eggplant or portobello mushrooms). Here, we used butter lettuce leaves. However, if you're looking to add a burger bun, try a whole wheat pita or wrap instead. We have some smart burger bun swaps that can help you decide what "bun" you would like to use.
Adding a slice of cheese will certainly help with satiety on a traditional burger, but for those who are paleo, guacamole is a great alternative. Not only is avocado a great appetite suppressant, but it is the perfect food for weight loss. So spoon on some delicious guacamole and fresh salsa on your burger—your stomach will thank you!
Nutrition: 402 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated), 840 mg sodium, 4 g sugar, 32 g protein, 7 g fiber
Makes 4 servings
6 slices no-sugar-added bacon
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1⁄2 tsp salt, divided
1⁄4 tsp pepper
1 medium ripe avocado
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1⁄2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped green onions
4 butter lettuce leaves
1 cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on foil. Bake 10 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels and let cool. Crumble bacon.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, garlic, jalapeño, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add bacon pieces; mix gently and form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill burgers 12 to 16 minutes or until done (160°F), turning once.
- While burgers are grilling, mash together the avocado, lime juice, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and green onions.
- Serve burgers in lettuce leaves topped with guacamole and fresh salsa.
More content from Recipes
- – 21 Healthy Memorial Day Recipes That Take 20 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 20 Quick and Healthy Fish Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Chicken Recipes To Make Tonight
- – 30 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – 15 Healthy Stir-Fry Recipes That Take 25 Minutes (or Less!)