Savory Spirulina and Kale Oatmeal Recipe
Finding a recipe to satisfy your hunger while getting a bunch of nutrients in your body can seem like a tough task. Especially when you're hungry, you will throw anything into a pot, healthy or unhealthy. Oatmeal is the perfect food that will let you dress it up or down, and it's quick and convenient all while giving you the health benefits.
This oatmeal recipe in particular is chock-full of good-for-you ingredients that will be doing wonders for your body. First, the spirulina, specifically the We Are The New Farmers brand used for this recipe, has enough protein and nutrients in one serving to help to purify your body, boost your immune system and help get your daily nutritional needs. Kale is a superfood providing you with even more benefits such as improving bone health and reducing clots. Put it together with the oatmeal and you have yourself a healthy yet delicious bowl that will fill you up.
This recipe is courtesy of Stephanie Wright.
- 1/2 cup dry quick-cooking steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup of baby kale, stems removed
- 1 tbsp We Are The New Farmers fresh Spirulina
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 purple carrot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup spicy microgreens
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lather carrots with coconut oil and coat with cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper to taste. Place in oven and let roast for 20-25 minutes
- Bring water to a boil. Add oatmeal, reduce the heat a little and let it cook for about 5 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle in the baby kale and fresh Spirulina, and stir until the baby kale and Spirulina is incorporated.
- Turn off the heat and stir in hemp seeds as well as salt and pepper to taste. Once cool, pour the finished oatmeal into a bowl
- Once carrots are done roasting, add to the top of the completed oatmeal along with microgreens
Looking for more ways to spruce up your oatmeal? Try 9 Best Oatmeal Recipes for a Longer Life