Strawberry-Banana Toaster Tart Recipe
This recipe will unapologetically put Pop-Tarts to shame! Making puff pastries like these from scratch isn't as difficult as it may sound. In fact, with this recipe, you can pop them out in just about an hour.
These Strawberry-Banana Toaster Tarts are gluten free and combine sweet and savory flavors seamlessly. A filling that is made with strawberries and bananas sautéed in sugar and lemon juice will definitely mix up your morning. And when cooked to perfection, the fluffy and flaky pie crust will only make your mouth water while you wait for your toaster tarts to cool.
Recipe provided by Dole
Makes up to 8 servings
1 package (16 ounces) gluten free pie crust mix
1 cup cold natural buttery spread with olive oil, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (2 sticks)
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp ice water
2 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled and chopped
1/2 DOLE® Lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
1 cup chopped DOLE® Strawberries
1/4 cup raw cane sugar
1 medium egg
Gluten free all-purpose flour for dusting
1/4 cup powdered sugar
How to Make It
- Pulse pie crust mix and buttery spread in a food processor until small crumbs remain; add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition until mixture holds together when pinched between fingers. Transfer dough to work surface and shape into a disk; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat bananas, lemon juice, strawberries and cane sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes or until thickened and fruit is soft, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool completely. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F; line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk egg in a small bowl.
- Unwrap dough and place on a lightly floured work surface; roll dough into a 14-inch circle (about 1/8 inch thick). Cut 8 (3 1/2 x 3-inch) rectangles from dough with a paring knife; gather dough scraps and roll out two more times to cut 8 more rectangles. Carefully place 8 rectangles on the prepared pan; place about 3½ tablespoons of banana mixture in the center of 8 rectangles. Top each with remaining 8 rectangles; press edges of tarts to seal and brush with egg. Cut 2 small vents on top of each tart with a paring knife; bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Makes 8 tarts.
- Whisk powdered sugar and 2 Tsp of water in a small bowl; drizzle over tarts.
READ MORE: Healthy Fresh Fruit and Cream Tart Recipe
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Pie Recipes To Make This Weekend
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – 15 Vintage Cakes That Are Perfect for Birthdays
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make