SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
There aren't many snacks that are as satisfying as homemade salsa and baked chips for dipping. But instead of noshing on a classic tomato-based salsa, shake up your snack routine by trying a SunGold Kiwi salsa and give your taste buds an unexpected twist along with a serious boost of vitamin C.
Unlike the classic green kiwi, SunGold kiwis have a golden flesh and a uniquely refreshing and sweet taste that goes surprisingly well with jalapeño peppers, red onions, and many other classic salsa ingredients. And Zespri SunGold Kiwi is an excellent source of vitamin C, offering more than 100% of your daily vitamin C needs in one fruit, along with being a natural source of fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
This simple salsa can not only be a satisfying dip for your tortilla chips at snack time, but it is also a crowd-pleasing topping for fish dishes (Mahi tacos, anyone?).
Makes 3 cups of salsa
- 5 Zespri SunGold Kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice from ½ of a fresh lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Make It
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve with baked tortilla chips.