Taco Bell Is Bringing Back Its Cheesiest Menu Item
The Taco Bell menu has changed quite a bit recently. Old favorites like the Mexican pizza and items made with shredded chicken are exiting stage right to clear the spotlight for brand new items, one of which has finally been revealed!
Last year, the beloved taco chain debuted a super-cheesy Toasted Cheddar Chalupa. Starting on Nov. 5, it's making a comeback. Plus, there's also a brand new version you can order with a vegetarian twist, Taco Bell confirms to Eat This, Not That!.
Both the Toasted Cheddar Chalupa and the Black Bean Toasted Cheddar Chalupa are cheesier upgrades of the classic Taco Bell Chalupa. The iconic menu item features a flatbread shell with seasoned beef, a three-cheese blend, lettuce, tomatoes, and reduced-fat sour cream.
Wrap all of that goodness into a six-month aged cheddar toasted shell, and you've got the Toasted Cheddar Chalupa. Swap the meat for beans, and you've got the newest addition to the Veggie Cravings section of the menu. (Related: 9 Restaurant Chains That Closed Hundreds of Locations This Summer.)
The Black Bean Toasted Cheddar Chalupa is certified vegetarian by the American Vegetarian Association. Because it contains dairy, it isn't vegan, but it is meat-free. Two other additions to the Veggie Cravings menu are also coming soon: They include the Black Bean Chalupa and the Veggie Nachos Party Pack. That brings the total number of vegetarian menu options to more than 15!
The Toasted Cheddar Chalupa and the Black Bean Toasted Cheddar Chalupa are only on the menu for a limited time. But stay tuned for more vegetarian versions of your favorite menu items coming in 2021, Taco Bell says. In the meantime, here's why your favorite Taco Bell location is about to look very different.
For more up-to-date fast-food menu news delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter!
More content from Restaurants
- – Taco Bell Just Revealed a Brand New Pizza-Like Item
- – This Major Dessert Chain Is Closing 10 Locations Amid Declining Profits
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Is Getting a New Look
- – McDonald's Has a Major New Sandwich In the Works
- – 7 Bizarre Rules McDonald's Employees Have to Follow
- – The #1 Best Sandwich To Order at Subway, Says Dietitian
- – This Popular Boutique Burger Chain Just Released a Juicy Lucy Burger
- – The Country's Biggest Sandwich Chain Plans to Roll Out This Significant Kitchen Upgrade