Whipped Cottage Cheese With Berries and Pistachios
This recipe is excerpted from Diabetes Create Your Plate Meal Prep Cookbook by Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, FAND. Photographs by Alison Lima. Used with permission of Robert Rose Books. All rights reserved.
Not a fan of the texture of cottage cheese? No problem! Toss it in the blender and the result is smooth, creamy, and filled with protein and calcium. I've also used this cottage cheese hack for dips, pancakes, and other dishes.
2 cups (500 mL) low-fat no-salt added cottage cheese
2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar-free maple syrup
2 cups (500 mL) fresh blackberries
1 ⁄2 cup (125 mL) unsalted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
Food processor or blender
How to Make It
- Add the cottage cheese and sugar-free maple syrup to the food processor or blender. Process or blend on High until the mixture becomes smooth, 1 minute.
TO STORE: In each of four containers, add 1 ⁄2 cup (125 mL) of the blended cottage cheese and top with 1 ⁄2 cup (125 mL) of the blackberries and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the chopped pistachios. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
TO SERVE: Enjoy cold.
TOBY'S TIP: If you prefer, swap the blackberries for blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or a combination of berries. You can also swap the cottage cheese for nonfat plain Greek yogurt—just skip step 1.
More content from Recipes
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian
- – 4 Healthy Snack Recipes to Manage Diabetes, According to a Dietitian
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- – Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding
- – Vegetable Croquettes
- – 15 Healthy Stir-Fry Recipes That Take 25 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 25 New Twists on Classic Recipes
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss