Banana Coconut Soup Recipe
Coconut soup is a vegetarian staple for many folks and adding in bananas to the mix just makes it even better. Sweet and savory transform this cozy bowl of goodness into a dish you won't be able to get enough of.
This Banana Coconut Soup simmers and sizzles to bring the hearty flavors of garlic, soy sauce, red chile and, of course, sliced bananas. The soup's seasoning settles in just a matter of minutes and will have your kitchen smelling like a delicious dream. This hot meal will keep you feeling full without making you feel heavy or sluggish, due to its low sodium ingredients.
Recipe provided by Dole
Makes 3-4 servings
1/4 cup sliced DOLE® Green Onions
1 large DOLE Banana, sliced, divided
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
3/4 cup lite coconut milk
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 Tsp black pepper
1 lime sliced or quartered
1 large fresh red chile, sliced diagonally
Fresh cilantro for garnish
How to Make It
- Sauté green onions and garlic in oil in a medium saucepan until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Pour into a blender or food processor container. Add 3/4 banana sliced and red chile. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Return soup mixture to saucepan; add remaining 1/4 banana sliced and chile; heat through. Garnish each serving with lime and cilantro, if desired.
More content from Recipes
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – The Perfect Winter Salad Does Exist—Here's How To Make It at Home
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 9 Secrets for Baking the Best Cake That Only Pastry Chefs Know
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – The Best Turkey Seasoning Blends to Knock Your Socks Off, Chefs Say
- – This Is Exactly How Long You Should Be Marinating Steak, According to Chefs