If you didn't already know, John Legend is a huge fan of wine. The singer even has his own wine brand, LVE Wines. Although his wife Chrissy Teigen may opt for a vodka soda, John is always on the wine kick.
"I've been doing it for years now; I love wine. I love the experiences that I connect with wine — the travel, the food, the romance — everything that I associate with wine has always been a beautiful experience for me," Legend told PopSugar. Given his wine expertise, it's only natural he'd have some advice for fellow wine lovers.
In a recent PopSugar interview, the star opened up about his favorite wine-food pairings and storage hacks. But above all, Legend has one piece of advice for red, white, sparkling, and rosé wine fans alike: do what works best for you.
"I don't like to be too prescriptive when it comes to wine, because I think a lot of times people feel intimidated, because they feel like there's so many rules they have to follow," Legend said. "I think we should do things to make people feel included and not make them feel like they're not doing it right and there's this exact perfect way to go about it — that makes it intimidating."
Sure, Legend loves a good fried chicken and rosé pairing, but he encourages fans to do what makes them happy when it comes to their wine. "Keep it simple. Buy wines that you love, serve it with food that you love, and drink it with people you love," Legend told PopSugar.
According to the songwriter, you don't have to be a wine connoisseur to enjoy the beverage. However, if you are looking for some John Legend-approved recs, he loves sparkling rosé with spicy foods and cabernet with red meat. "Chrissy [Teigen] makes a really amazing beef Wellington. I love making steaks, and the cabernet is wonderful with that," he said in the interview.
As for storing wine, Legend suggests investing in the LG signature wine cellar. "That's a great start, because I think storing your wine at the right temperature is always preferable," he said. The cellar has three temperature zones specifically catered towards preserving red, white, and sparkling wines.
But before you rush out to buy red meat and a wine cellar, remember John's #1 piece of advice– do what you love. "I feel like wine brings pleasure and beauty to the world," he said.
For more celeb news, check out 15 Food Lessons We've Learned From Chrissy Teigen.
More content from Celeb News
- – Stanley Tucci Has the Perfect Gift for Pasta Lovers
- – I Tried Chrissy Teigen's New Baking Mix—and Now I'm a More Confident Baker
- – Is Kathy Hilton's Baked Potato With Caviar Healthy? Here's What a Dietitian Says
- – Healthy Habits Kim Kardashian Swears by To Live Her Best Life at 42
- – James Corden Is "Unbanned" From NYC Restaurant After "Apologizing Profusely" For Rude Behavior
- – The Great British Baking Show Faces Major Backlash Due to This Offensive Episode
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 5 Eating Habits Sarah Jessica Parker Swears by To Look Good at 57