This Is a Low-Carb Keto Dessert That's Ready in Just 10 Minutes
We already know and love strawberries with whipped cream, but try adding mascarpone to the mix for a delicious Italian twist. Classic whipped cream benefits from the creaminess, lightness, and the subtle tangy finish of mascarpone (the tanginess comes from the citric acid used to thicken this dessert-destined cream cheese.) Not to mention, this is a keto-friendly dessert!
Catering to your sweet tooth and figuring out a low-carb dessert you can enjoy while following a keto diet can be a little tricky because you are abstaining from processed foods, high-carb foods, and sugars. Luckily, what keto desserts lack in carbs, they make up for with delicious fats, alternative flours, and alternative sources of sweetness like stevia, erythritol, and fruits like berries. This recipe uses stevia as the sweetening agent and the whipping cream and mascarpone as sources of fat.
Whip this strawberry mascarpone keto dessert in less than 10 minutes (seriously, what could be easier), and serve topped with some grated keto chocolate. You'll feel like you're eating the best part of the cake—the toppings!
Want more keto dessert ideas? Try this recipe for Keto Latte Swirl Brownies.
Nutrition: 287 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated), 25 mg sodium, 5 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 3 g protein
Makes 4 servings
½ cup mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 drops liquid stevia
½ cup whipping cream
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 oz stevia-sweetened dark chocolate, grated
How to Make It
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone, vanilla, and stevia. Beat with a mixer on low until well combined. Add whipping cream; beat on medium until thickened and smooth.
- Spoon cream mixture into four serving glasses. Top with strawberries, grated chocolate, and mint leaves.
More content from Recipes
- – 20 Quick and Healthy Fish Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Popular "Texan" Dishes That Aren't Actually from Texas
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe