This Low-Price Grocery Chain Is About to Open 50 New Stores in 18 States
Fall is here! The leaves are changing colors, it's finally sweater weather and the best food of the year has returned. It's time for hearty soups, fresh apples, and pumpkin bread. But the season is even more festive this year because ALDI is bringing these autumn staples to more customers as it is set to open dozens of new locations.
The brand new stores are part of the budget-friendly grocery chain's nationwide expansion effort. The brand started out the year with plans to open 100 different locations by the end of 2021, including the first stores in Louisiana, and currently has 50 locations in 18 states listed on its "Grand Openings" webpage. Illinois is the state with the most new stores listed with 10. It is followed up by Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, which all have 5 new ALDIs coming soon. All of these are joining the chain's 2,000+ stores in 37 states.
The massive expansion isn't just about the brick-and-mortar locations, though. ALDI also plans to expand its eCommerce and online shopping presence by adding a curbside pickup program to 500 store locations. This brings the number of stores with the low-contact option to about 1,200.
"Our commitment to our shoppers, new and existing, is the same — we will do everything in our power to offer the lowest possible prices every day — and we look forward to supporting more communities across the country with amazing ALDI products at a value that can't be matched," ALDI CEO Jason Hart said in an announcement from February 2021.
Even if ALDI isn't just around the block, you may still find some good deals on ALDI Finds. The deals for Oct. 13-19 include several seasonal foods like pumpkin-flavored cheesecake and yogurt. There are even deals on Halloween candy.
ALDI prides itself on offering low-priced and high-quality essential goods. If pumpkin spice lattes aren't your thing, you can look forward to ALDI's winter offerings, like a wine or cheese advent calendar!
For more info on what's happening at ALDI and other supermarkets in your area, check out:
- ALDI Says These 10 Items Are Facing Delays
- This Is How Long You Can Expect Shortages to Last at Your Local Grocery Store
- The 100 Unhealthiest Grocery Foods in America
- This Popular Grocery Giant Is On a Downward Spiral and Losing Customers
To get all the latest news about ALDI delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – This Clever Trick Will Let You Shop at Costco Without a Membership
- – 5 Grocery Store Trends You'll Start Seeing Everywhere in 2023
- – Walmart's Black Friday Deals Include These Top-Notch Food and Kitchen Items
- – 4 Best Store-Bought Pies To Save Your Thanksgiving
- – 9 Best Food Advent Calendars to Order Now
- – Which Grocery Chain Has the Most Delicious Pre-Made Pumpkin Pie This Year?
- – You Could Win a Year's Worth of Free Groceries From Whole Foods—Here's How