The Best Workout Apps To Download Right Now
There are plenty of workout apps you can easily download and integrate into your routine right now. But as exciting as it is to be blessed with options, having too many to choose from can get quite overwhelming—and fast. How do you select the best app that will help you productively achieve your fitness goals? How do you find one that you will actually enjoy using and won't end up deleting after a couple of weeks?
The struggle can be all too real, but we have some exciting, fresh news for you: The top workout apps for 2022 have officially dropped, thanks to BestApp.com, which will take the guesswork out of your decision-making process.
This well-rounded selection of apps designates an award for each app—"Best for Busy Schedules" and "Best Selection of Workouts" are just two examples—so you can really hone in on what you're looking for or what you'd like to improve this year in your fitness routine. Read on to find out the 10 best workout apps to download ASAP, and next, check out The 6 Best Exercises for Strong and Toned Arms in 2022, Trainer Says.
Peloton is the number one workout app of 2022
Peloton is BestApp.com's "Top Pick," and it's easy to see why. This may come as a surprise, but you don't have to be a fan of cycling or running in order to use the Peloton App. As a matter of fact, you don't even need a Peloton Bike or Tread. The app is perfect for those who enjoy fitness classes, as it features live studio workouts for yoga, pilates, cardio, meditation, tread boot camp, and more. You can do them from the comfort of your own home or neighborhood. (If your workouts take you outside this winter, check out The 6 Best Winter Workout Items to Stay Warm, According to Runners before you do.)
You can sign up for the Peloton All-Access Membership if you own a Peloton Bike or Tread. The whole household can get in on the fitness fun by creating individual profiles and taking part in an impressive variety of workout classes.
If you don't have a Peloton machine, you can opt for the Peloton App Membership as an individual user and gain access to classes via your TV, phone, or tablet. If you go this route, Peloton is currently offering two months free for new app members only, and after that, $12.99 per month.
The top workout apps you need in your life
The additional workout app winners that came in spots 2 through 10, along with their respective awards, include:
- Nike Training Club as the "Runner-Up"
- Adidas Running as the "Best Free Version"
- Aaptiv as the "Best Selection of Workouts"
- Seven as the "Best Short Workouts"
- 8Fit as the "Best All-in-One App"
- Strava as the "Best for Runners & Cyclists"
- Sworkit as the "Best for Busy Schedules"
- JEFIT as the "Best for Strength Training"
- Obé as the "Best Group Class Experience"
How the winning apps were selected
As far as how BestApp.com determined which workout apps deserved to be ranked in 2022's top 10 list, the team notes, "We looked for workout apps with features like custom fitness goals and activity logs, as well as expansive workout libraries so that you can tackle your entire fitness journey in one place. While most people find these features helpful, it's important to consider what you need from a workout app."
BestApp.com does stress that it's key to try out different workout apps to see which one best suits you and your body's personal needs. If you know what type of exercise you enjoy the most, it makes the job that much easier when it comes to selecting your go-to workout app for the year (and beyond).
To get you even more motivated to download one of these apps as soon as possible, check out Meditating Can Impact Your Immune System In This Incredible Way, New Study Says and 5 Best Health Benefits of Walking, Says Science.
More content from Mind + Body
- – This Is the One Spot You Can Swim With Manatees in North America
- – The 7 Best Workout Dresses for the Gym and Beyond
- – The Intense Exercise Kate Hudson Does To Stay Strong and Fit
- – Bad Back in Your 40s? These Strength Exercises Will Help, Expert Says
- – SI Swimsuit Model Ella Halikas Shares Her Workout Routine
- – This Is the Most Effective Weight Loss Workout To Do at Home, Trainer Says
- – The Daily Exercise Victoria Beckham Does to Sculpt Her Glutes at 48
- – The Intense Superset Training Jay Ellis Did for 'Top Gun: Maverick'