The Costco Bakery Just Brought Back This Beloved Summer Dessert
One of the fun perks of having a Costco membership is checking out what's new at the bakery and lately this section of the warehouse has been mixing it up. New items have been dropping right and left and the latest fresh bakery release has been the return of a favorite summer classic.
The Key Lime Pie is finally back and just in time for the Fourth of July BBQ celebration. Instagram user @CostcoContessa was one of the first members to spot the item returning on June 21. Members haven't seen it since July of last year.
Costco's Key Lime Pie weighs in at over 4 pounds and has 16 pre-cut slices. Served with a butter graham crust and topped with whipped cream—this enormous pie is priced at only $15.99—which makes it about a dollar per slice.
Besides bringing back the Key Lime Pie, Costco's bakery has been working up a storm this month bringing new items to the shelves. Another cheesecake, this time a Chocolate Cheesecake, debuted on June 14 and has had chocoholics drooling at a whopping 4.5 pounds. The whole cake is priced at only $19.99.
Additionally, unlike the Chocolate Cheesecake and Key Lime Pie's massive desserts, the Costco bakery has taken to making "mini" versions of some of members' favorite cakes, including Raspberry Mini Cakes with Buttercream Icing, Snickerdoodle Mini Cakes, Mini All American Chocolate Cakes, Mini Carrot Cakes, and Mini Red Velvet Cakes.
We've been keeping a close eye on the bakery as it has undergone some revamping this month. While bringing in a bevy of new desserts to "wow" members has been one aspect, it has also raised the price for Kirkland Signature Croissant Pack by 20% and the Kirkland Signature Muffins by $1 in early June. The price hike has hit certain Costco products due to inflation, according to an earnings call revealed by Senior Vice President of Finance and Investor Relations Bob Nelson.
Before you run out the door to score a Key Lime Pie before it sells out, be sure to read: Costco Is Stocked With This Essential Amid a Shortage.
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Will Close This Longstanding Midwest Location Next Month
- – 26 Items Costco Is Discontinuing Right Now
- – 7 Strict Rules Trader Joe's Employees Have to Follow
- – Walmart Is Making Several Major Changes That Will Impact Your Holiday Shopping
- – Trader Joe's Will Not Bring Back These Two Customer Perks As Food Samples Return
- – 10 Costco Finds Customers Are Currently Raving About
- – 4 Beloved Costco Food Court Favorites That Are Now Overrated, Say Members
- – 7 Bacon Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients