Yes, the Costco food court is back in full swing. And some members are celebrating its grand return by lining up to order one very specific concoction that borders between indulgent and downright reckless. Even though this meat-lovers dream come true is going viral, it might be one of the last things that your heart needs.
And the latest Costco food court discovery is one that has its eponymous subreddit talking. Here's how it works: Members order a Costco hot dog and a slice of pizza. Then, they peel away the pizza's melted cheese and wrap it all the way around the hot dog.
If you've ever tried a hot dog wrapped inside a Pillsbury croissant roll (and possibly even slathered with cheese), this falls along the same lines. Who thought of this thing, and how exactly do you eat it? With a fork? Hands-only?
Questions aside, let's talk about nutrition. Even if you opt to go the plain route, one slice of Costco cheese pizza packs 26 grams of fat (40% of the recommended daily value) and around 1,500 milligrams of sodium (more than 50% of the recommended daily value). Here's where to find those Costco food court nutrition facts.
Heck no you don't want to feel hungry when you shop for groceries, but there are much healthier choices you can make at Costco's food court. For more, read up on our latest list of the 5 Healthy Costco Food Court Orders, According to Registered Dietitians. Also don't forget to check out:
More content from Groceries
- – Costco's Sushi Is "Not Great," According to Customers
- – Your Costco Membership Is About to Get More Expensive
- – Lidl Is Recalling Its Popular Advent Calendars Due To Salmonella
- – America's Favorite Grocery Store Is… 7-Eleven?
- – Suddenly, You Can't Get A Mobile Phone at Costco Anymore—Here's Why
- – Is Costco Doing Away With Live Christmas Trees?
- – Kraft Heinz Recalls Nearly 2,400 Pounds of Oscar Mayer Meat
- – American Costco Shoppers Are Jealous of the Canadian Food Court—Here's Why