Working out can be a chore for some people—but Eva Longoria isn't one of them. The former Desperate Housewives star has been making her exercise routine a whole lot more exciting with the addition of a single piece of equipment: a trampoline!
In a new video posted to her Instagram, Longoria reveals her trampoline workout, making the intense routine look easy and—dare we say it—fun.
In the clip, Longoria starts by doing a series of kicks, jumps, and knee raises on her mini JumpSport trampoline while wearing a pair of weighted gloves. She follows this by getting onto all fours on the trampoline and alternating leg extensions and lunges. Next up? A set of lower abdominal crunches and leg and hip exercises, which she tackles while lying on her back on the trampoline while wearing a set of ankle weights.
To cap off her workout, Longoria completes a series of sit-to-stand moves, using her trampoline as a base.
Bouncing around does come with some notable health and fitness benefits. "The trampoline is low impact on joints," says Dr. Fatima Cody Stanford, M.D., an obesity medicine physician and educator specializing in the care of adults, adolescents, and children, who's working with JumpSport Fitness to encourage the healthy habit of daily movement through their Maintain Your Weight campaign. "Using a fitness trampoline can help for those that may have excess weight or joint issues associated with the excess weight. Also, it is quite a fun activity to engage in!"
Longoria sure seems to think so!
As for how the actor manages to find time to tackle workouts between her busy career and parenting her son, Santiago, who turns three this month, Longoria told the Australian edition of Vogue, "You waste more time than you think. People say 'I don't have time to work out, I don't have time to do this…When you just commit to it and you all of a sudden prioritize you realize, 'Oh wait, I did have time.'"
"Especially as you get older, people want to know the secret to looking good and there is no secret. It's diet and exercise," she told the publication.
For more on how your favorite celebrities stay toned, check out Country Star Jana Kramer Reveals the Exact Exercise Routine That Keeps Her Fit, and for the latest celebrity health and fitness news delivered to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Celeb News
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 5 Eating Habits Sarah Jessica Parker Swears by To Look Good at 57
- – The #1 Eating Habit Gwyneth Paltrow Swears By to Look and Feel Great at 50
- – MasterChef Winner Dara Yu Reveals Pro Tips for Kitchen Success
- – Viola Davis Swears by These 5 Healthy Habits To Look Amazing at 57
- – The Foods Queen Elizabeth Ate Every Day to Live to 96 Years Old
- – Queen Elizabeth II Disliked This Food So Much, It Was Banished From Buckingham Palace
- – Top Chef Richard Blais Swears By These Cooking Tips