A New "Fancy" Whopper Was Just Spotted at Burger King
Burger King's Whopper is getting yet another facelift—one that will add several premium ingredients between its bun.
According to Chew Boom, the burger chain is currently testing a new Avocado Bacon Whopper at select locations. However, there are no additional details about the exact regions that are offering it.
But as it usually goes with new item tests, the chain will likely keep the "fancy" Whopper on the menu for a limited time to gauge customer interest, before rolling the item out as a seasonal offer nationwide.
The new Whopper consists of a quarter-pound flame-grilled beef patty, finished off with a new avocado spread, crispy bacon slices, crunchy strips of tortilla, American cheese, lettuce, white onions, tomatoes, and a creamy spicy sauce on a toasted sesame seed bun.
And don't miss 4 New Menu Additions You'll Find at Burger King.
The burger can also be made as a Double Whopper.
Burger King has made plenty of changes to its menu this year. The chain has reduced the number of promotions and streamlined its offerings with several menu cuts. It also emphasized its goal to come up with creative new extensions of the Whopper brand—and has been delivering in that arena.
The Whopper Melts, which launched in March, swapped out the bun for slices of toasted bread. And more recently, the strategy was extended to the breakfast menu with Cheesy Breakfast Melts, three egg sandwiches served on the same bread, featuring melted cheese and a choice between sausage, bacon, or black forest ham.
Additionally, Burger King is currently testing a new line of chicken sandwiches, which is a big deal considering the fact that the brand launched its major new Ch'King sandwich only last year. The Royal Crispy Chicken Sandwiches look like pretty standard takes on the classic item, with the addition of an intriguing new "savory sauce." They come in regular, spicy, and bacon and Swiss cheese varieties, and may or may not be a replacement for the Ch'King.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Latest Drive-Thru Innovation Could Soon Be Added to More Locations
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains Most Criticized By Customers
- – Chick-fil-A Just Unveiled a Solution To Its Ongoing Drive-Thru Issues
- – Burger King Is Launching Two Major New Burgers
- – This National Pizza Chain Just Announced Plans to Open 1,000 New Locations
- – 5 Controversial Rules Hooters Servers Have To Follow
- – These Steakhouse Chains Are Seeing Record Sales After Bringing Back a Pre-Pandemic Attraction
- – This Once-Popular Restaurant Chain Is Making a Comeback After 15 Years