This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
Amazon Fresh, the supermarket brand known for its convenient grocery delivery service and speedy in-person checkout experience, is continuing to expand across the United States after opening up 30 stores in the last two years.
The Seattle-based grocer will be making its debut in the New York metropolitan area with the opening of two new locations: one in Oceanside, N.Y., and another in Paramus, N.J., as reported by Supermarket News.
As part of the retail giant's focus on a frictionless shopping experience, both of the new stores will be fully equipped with the brand's "Just Walk Out" technology. This feature, which is now available at 14 Amazon Fresh locations after rolling out last June, allows customers to pay for their items without waiting in the checkout line. To do this, shoppers can "unlock" a gate by scanning a QR code in their Amazon app, scanning their palm with the Amazon One system, or inserting a credit or debit card linked to their Amazon account.
The Oceanside and Paramus locations aren't the only Amazon Fresh supermarkets coming down the pipeline. According to Newsday, the company is slated to open two stores in Plainview and East Setauket, Long Island. Additionally, the grocery chain is planning to open two more locations in Holmdel and Eatontown, N.J.
Amazon Fresh has not disclosed when the Oceanside and Paramus supermarkets will open or how many people it's looking to hire. However, the Oceanside location will hold a virtual hiring event for prospective employees on May 26, while the Paramus store will host an in-person hiring event on June 8 and 9 at the Marriott Saddle Brook in Saddle Brook, N.J.
Amazon Fresh currently operates 30 stores across six states and Washington D.C., with its most recent opening taking place in Murrieta, Calif. on May 5. It isn't the only chain to reveal expansion plans recently, though. Costco Just Announced It's Opening Up New Stores This Summer.
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Will Close This Longstanding Midwest Location Next Month
- – 26 Items Costco Is Discontinuing Right Now
- – 7 Strict Rules Trader Joe's Employees Have to Follow
- – Walmart Is Making Several Major Changes That Will Impact Your Holiday Shopping
- – Trader Joe's Will Not Bring Back These Two Customer Perks As Food Samples Return
- – 10 Costco Finds Customers Are Currently Raving About
- – 4 Beloved Costco Food Court Favorites That Are Now Overrated, Say Members
- – 7 Bacon Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients