This Rare Seasonal McDonald's Dessert Is Back on the Menu
You could say McDonald's isn't the strongest contender in the dessert department, but there's definitely one sweet classic that no one does better than the iconic burger chain: the hand-held pie. The lattice-crust shell with a gooey filling is best known in its Baked Apple Pie iteration, but McDonald's has kept things interesting over the years with seasonal offerings like Holiday Pie, filled with vanilla custard, Pumpkin and Creme, Strawberry and Creme, and even Guava and Creme.
For more fast-food news, check out 8 Worst Fast-Food Burgers to Stay Away From Right Now.
Now, the chain is offering another rare flavor of the pie that hasn't been seen on its menu since 2017. According to Chewboom, the Blueberry Pie is available at select McDonald's locations nationwide, and it'll likely stick around for a limited time only. It features a blueberry filling and vanilla flavored crème baked side-by-side in the classic flaky sugar-coated, baked crust.
Besides keeping us on our toes with pie flavors, McDonald's has also recently expanded its McCafé Bakery lineup with sweet treats that could easily pass as desserts. For the first time in almost a decade, the chain launched new pastries: the Apple Fritter, Blueberry Muffin, and Cinnamon Roll. These breakfast items replaced the Chocolate Chip Cookie and have paved the way for possibly more sweet additions to the menu in the future.
More content from Restaurants
- – Would You Spend $65 on One Pizza? Cici's Thinks Its New "Piezilla" Is Worth It
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains That Use Fresh-Cut Potatoes for Their Fries
- – Starbucks Gift Cards Are Kind of a Scam—Here's Why
- – 7 Burger Chains with the Most Food Quality Complaints in 2022
- – 10 Unusual Fast-Food Menu Items You Could Order 20 Years Ago
- – 8 Clever Moves Fast-Food Chains Used To Stay Relevant in 2022
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste