McDonald's Is Bringing Back Two Beloved Seasonal Beverages This Month
One day after bringing back its popular Spicy Chicken McNuggets, McDonald's dropped its second limited-time offer of 2021. It's official: Mickey D's iconic Shamrock Shake will return alongside its fan-favorite Oreo Shamrock McFlurry on Feb. 15.
The re-emergence of these two green-hued beverages at your neighborhood McDonald's will make you feel like spring is on the horizon—no matter what a certain groundhog has to say. The fast-food chain has ushered in warmer days for the past five decades with its legendary shake, whereas the Shamrock McFlurry is a brand new creation that launched to great success only one year ago. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
"For more than 50 years, fans have eagerly awaited the annual return of the Shamrock Shake, counting on the arrival of Shamrock Shake Season to mark the unofficial start to spring," Chad Schafer, senior director of culinary for McDonald's, says. "And we heard they especially enjoyed getting a taste of the one-and-only Shamrock flavor in a new way last year with the Oreo Shamrock McFlurry. We know this winter may feel longer than others, so we're thrilled to give customers something to look forward to by bringing both fan-favorites back to the menu this month."
In case you need a refresher, the Shamrock Shake features classic vanilla soft serve blended with a minty "shamrock flavor" that's finished with a whipped topping, while the McFlurry adds Oreo cookie pieces to the combo.
The Shamrock Shake has been the most anticipated seasonal dessert on the McDonald's menu ever since its creation in honor of St. Patrick's Day in 1967. You can get yours at participating locations this month. In the meantime, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Pizza Chain Could More Than Double in Size in "No Time," Thanks to Growing Popularity
- – 30 Secrets Starbucks Employees Wish You Knew
- – 5 Regional Fast-Food Chains Customers Are Flocking To
- – McDonald's Struggles to Keep Its Inner Turmoil Under McWraps
- – 5 Restaurant Chains We've Lost for Good This Year
- – Starting Next Week, McDonald's Will Be Exploding With Deals and Celebrity Collaborations
- – This Barbecue Chain Is Lowering the Prices On Its Most Popular Menu Items
- – This Old-School Restaurant Chain Is Overhauling Its Menu To Attract Younger Customers