Pizza Hut Will Allegedly Remove 19 Items From the Menu Soon
Pizza Hut fans are all too familiar with menu cuts. The chain is frequently tweaking its menu, bringing back a fan favorite one year and then retiring it the next. But rumors are swirling of a much more substantial menu trim coming in the near future.
A Pizza Hut employee took to Reddit last week to share that as many as 19 items are allegedly leaving the menu, noting that they'd learned of the cuts from their local branch's Area Coach, who had been in contact with Pizza Hut corporate representatives. The menu overhaul seems to be intended for restaurants nationwide, though details about which products will be cut are still unknown.
More recent removals include popular items and ingredients like P-zones, Garlic Knots, spinach, and teriyaki. Customers and fans responding to the Reddit post were particularly nostalgic for Pizza Hut's Garlic Knots, which are currently missing in action following a brief return to menus in 2019.
Members of the subreddit were divided on which items were most likely to be cut. Some speculated that side dishes would be targeted—items like french fries and mozzarella sticks. On the other hand, suggested others, certain, underperforming entrées might get the axe, such as Pizza Hut's sandwich menu or its meaty marinara pasta dish.
On the other side of the ledger, Pizza Hut is still less than a year into its "Newstalgia" marketing campaign, the goal of which is to bring back a number of popular, retired '90s menu items. Recent "Newstalgia" callbacks include The Edge pizza and, most recently, Detroit Style Pizza.
So, while menu cuts may be on the horizon, Pizza Hut fans can also look forward to the return of a lineup of old favorites.
For more, check out:
- A Leaked Memo From Taco Bell Just Revealed These Upcoming Menu Launches
- 4 New Menu Items You'll See at McDonald's This Fall
- A Leaked Wendy's Memo Just Revealed Two Major Upcoming Sandwiches
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 6 Pizza Chains With the Most Food Quality Complaints
- – 4 Just-Launched Taco Bell Items You Can Try Right Now
- – Taco Bell Is Testing This Crazy New Snack Food Hybrid
- – 5 Truths About the Fast-Food Industry That Will Make You Lose Your Appetite
- – McDonald's Latest Drive-Thru Innovation Could Soon Be Added to More Locations
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains Most Criticized By Customers
- – Chick-fil-A Just Unveiled a Solution To Its Ongoing Drive-Thru Issues
- – Burger King Is Launching Two Major New Burgers