Rebel Wilson has lost a staggering 60 pounds over the past year, and she's not shy about sharing just how she did it.
In a new interview, the actor, who stars in the upcoming movie The Almond and the Seahorse, reveals the exact changes she made to drop the weight—and her plan is surprisingly simple to follow.
Read on to discover how Wilson shed the weight and is keeping it off. And for more on how your favorite stars slim down, check out Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond Reveals How She Lost 38 Pounds in 5 Months.
She started moving a little bit more every day.
It isn't just intense workouts that have gotten Wilson to her weight loss goal—the star says that incremental changes in the amount of exercise she gets on a daily basis have been instrumental to her weight loss.
"Obviously, I have access to some amazing high-tech treatments, but what I learned is it's really the little things that I do every day that make a difference," she tells InStyle.
"Anyone can go on walks and drink more water and do little, consistent things that'll improve their lives."
She stopped using food as a reward.
Wilson has found a calorie-free way to treat herself: with designer clothing and accessories.
"I just bought a Yves Saint Laurent handbag after finishing The Almond and the Seahorse because I'm trying to be healthier and treat myself with things that are not food anymore," she says.
She started working out in the morning.
Instead of waiting until the evening to squeeze in a workout, Wilson is now starting her day with exercise.
While shooting The Almond and the Seahorse, Wilson says, "Every morning I was up in the gym at the hotel working out for 90 minutes before a full day of filming. But that's just my life now."
For more celebrity health and fitness news delivered to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter!
She wishes she'd started her weight loss journey earlier.
Though Wilson may be proud of her weight loss, she says she wishes she'd tried to get healthier before.
"Now that I know I can do it, sometimes I feel sad that I didn't do it earlier. Maybe I should have tried when I was 30, not 40. But everybody's journey is different, and it's not a race or competition."
For more celeb weight loss news, check out Rob Lowe Reveals the Exact Diet and Exercise Routine That Keeps Him Fit.
More content from Celeb News
- – Stanley Tucci Has the Perfect Gift for Pasta Lovers
- – I Tried Chrissy Teigen's New Baking Mix—and Now I'm a More Confident Baker
- – Is Kathy Hilton's Baked Potato With Caviar Healthy? Here's What a Dietitian Says
- – Healthy Habits Kim Kardashian Swears by To Live Her Best Life at 42
- – James Corden Is "Unbanned" From NYC Restaurant After "Apologizing Profusely" For Rude Behavior
- – The Great British Baking Show Faces Major Backlash Due to This Offensive Episode
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 5 Eating Habits Sarah Jessica Parker Swears by To Look Good at 57