Serena Williams Reveals Her Exact Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner to Stay Fit
Serena Williams is one of the most decorated tennis players of all time, with 39 Grand Slam titles to her name. Williams' athletic achievements may be the result of a combination of natural talent, determination, and hard work, but there's yet another component that's been essential to making her the star she is today: a commitment to healthy eating.
Read on to discover the exact diet Williams adheres to stay fit and healthy both on and off the court. And for more on how your favorite stars stay in shape, check out Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Her Exact Butt and Abs Workout.
She often skips breakfast.
"I often don't make breakfast because I just forget or I'm running around getting Olympia ready," she tells the publication. "And then I go work out." And for more insight into how stars stay fit, check out Cindy Crawford Reveals Her Exact Workout for Flat Abs.
She sticks to vegetarian staples for lunch.
"I had a bean burger the other day today…[Today] I had a gluten-free bean burrito," she says.
She turns to social media for dinner inspiration.
Williams relies on social media to find fun new recipes to prepare at dinnertime.
"I get inspired by what I see on Instagram," she says. While she keeps her diet diverse, she says she never eats beef or avocados.
Related: For the latest celebrity health and fitness news delivered to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter!
She relies on carbs when she trains.
To ensure she has ample energy for matches, Williams will fuel up with a high-carb meal, like pasta.
"The only time I eat pasta is when I'm playing/training. Usually, you'll never see me eating pasta otherwise," she says.
However, she doesn't exclusively carbo-load when she's training. "I usually like to have lots of greens before my match and then fruit actually, and a little carbs and some sort of a protein," Williams explains.
She leaves some room for her vices.
Though Williams sticks to a healthy diet for the most part, she says there's one sweet treat she just can't get enough of.
"I love Moon Pies. If 'Moon Pie' sponsored me, I'd be bigger than any house on this planet!" she jokes.
For more on how celebs stay in shape, check out Hailey Bieber Shares Her Exact Butt Workout.
More content from Celeb News
- – Stanley Tucci Has the Perfect Gift for Pasta Lovers
- – I Tried Chrissy Teigen's New Baking Mix—and Now I'm a More Confident Baker
- – Is Kathy Hilton's Baked Potato With Caviar Healthy? Here's What a Dietitian Says
- – Healthy Habits Kim Kardashian Swears by To Live Her Best Life at 42
- – James Corden Is "Unbanned" From NYC Restaurant After "Apologizing Profusely" For Rude Behavior
- – The Great British Baking Show Faces Major Backlash Due to This Offensive Episode
- – What the World's Strongest Man Eats in a Day
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients