This Beloved Burger Chain Is Planning an Aggressive Expansion
Beloved fast-casual chain Smashburger has announced an aggressive expansion plan in order to serve a greater number of suburban customers. The "better burger restaurant" will be adding 40 new locations to its already existing footprint of 250 franchised and company-owned stores.
President Carl Bachmann revealed to Business Insider that the chain is targeting the busy suburbs of Brooklyn, Chicago, New York, and Washington DC with their new restaurants, which will focus on expanding the chain's takeout and pick-up services, including food lockers. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
Smashburger is also planning for life after the pandemic and will equip its new locations with a brand-new interior design. Fans of the burger chain will see decor that's specific to their city, as well as enjoy an open kitchen floor plan where they'll be able to see their food being prepared—a feature often seen at high-end urban restaurants.
Smashburger isn't the only burger chain to announce an ambitious expansion plan this year. Shake Shack said it would open as many as 90 new locations in the next two years, complete with its very first drive-thru set to start serving Florida customers later this year. Similarly, BurgerFi plans to expand with another 35 locations this year, solidifying its growing influence in the burger arena.
For more on fast-food trends, check out 6 Most Anticipated Fast-Food Menu Items Launching This Year, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 11 Signs a New Restaurant Is Worth Trying, According to Experts
- – Looking for the Cheapest Fast-Food Near You? There's Finally a Database to Help
- – This Is the One Chicken Wing Chain That Chefs Actually Rave About
- – 8 Secrets You Should Know About Olive Garden
- – Top 5 Restaurant Chains With The Most Loyal Customers
- – 7 Fast-Food Restaurants Offering Great Deals In December
- – 10 Restaurant Trends You'll See Cropping Up in 2023
- – The 9 Best Restaurant Chains To Visit For Happy Hour