Subway Just Permanently Added These New Menu Items
The home of the classic Footlong sub just introduced a completely different—and low-carb—way to eat fresh.
Think, everything you love about the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki just without the bread but, instead, with more lettuce. In late December, Subway quietly debuted 11 signature protein bowls, all based on some of the chain's most popular menu items. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
"Guests are able to build any Footlong into a protein bowl with the same portion of protein, vegetables, cheese, and sauce, just without the bread," a Subway spokesperson said to Nation's Restaurant News. "Each bowl can be customized to match guest preferences." The Veggie Delite is the only Footlong sandwich that won't be able to be replicated in bowl form—there isn't any protein for it to showcase!
The new protein bowls start at $6.99, however, you can add your own customizations for an additional cost. And, these new menu items aren't limited-edition—they're here to stay for the long-run. For right now, they're only offered at select stores, but that may be subject to change later in the year.
What is being offered for a limited time, though (and should be taken advantage of), is Subway's $2 upgrade deal on both bowls and Footlong sandwiches. Essentially, you can get double the meat portions for just $2 extra at participating locations.
So, what will you order for your first protein bowl? The Chicken & Bacon Ranch or Meatball Marinara?
For more, be sure to check out Sales Of This Unhealthy Food Are Off the Charts, Experts Say.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Gourmet Burger Chain Is Ramping Up Its Value Deals
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country
- – McDonald's Will Be Offering Major Savings On These Items Next Week
- – 7 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches to Stay Away From Right Now