Walmart Just Made This Big Change to Its App
Whether shopping from inside of an actual store or on the go from wherever life takes you, supermarket apps are super useful tools—and Walmart's is no exception. It already offers grocery shoppers access to millions of items, money-saving coupons, and multiple delivery and touch-free payment options. Now, one big change is about to make check out even easier.
Since the begging of the pandemic, more customers are ordering groceries and other household items online from Walmart. Despite a summer of Rollbacks and price cuts in stores, the retailer is reportedly aiming to maintain its digital sales momentum.
One way of doing so? Walmart is rolling out a new version of its app with universal search and checkout, according to Grocery Dive. This means that customers can finally purchase groceries and electronics all in one transaction moving forward.
Shoppers previously had two Walmart apps on their phone—an orange one for grocery purchases and a blue one for other kinds of purchases. Before the retailer merged the two apps into one, customers had to choose between either store pickup and delivery or shipping from Walmart.com. This process revealed Walmart's internal organization to customers, but the chain didn't want its org chart on full display.
"We always say to ourselves internally we never want to show our customer our org chart. And what the blue app and the orange app is, it pretty clearly showed you the org chart . . . so we want to take that visibility away from the customer and be there for anything that they need from us," John Furner, the president and CEO the chain's U.S. business, said.
At this time, the app hasn't been rolled out at full scale. However, it should be available to all customers by the time October rolls around, per Grocery Dive.
For more news about Walmart, check out:
- Walmart Is Recalling These 5 Foods Right Now
- Best Supplements to Buy at Walmart, Say Experts
- This Restaurant Chain Just Opened Up Inside Walmart
- America's Second Largest Burger Chain Just Debuted New Menu Items at Walmart
And to get all of the latest Walmart news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 4 Dairy Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The Best Costco Backyard BBQ Basics Right Now
- – Costco, Walmart, and Other Stores Just Pulled More of This Peanut Butter From Shelves
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer
- – 5 Major Differences in Costco and Costco Business Center Right Now