The Ultimate Paleo Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt and Granola
Yogurt and granola make for a classic breakfast, but when sticking to a paleo diet, this simple breakfast classic might sound more out of reach than it really is because you'll want to avoid both dairy and grains. But fret not, because both non-dairy yogurt and grain-free granola are easy enough to come by in grocery stores. You can even try your hand at making your own paleo granola. Not only is it much simpler to make than you think, but it's also good for your budget (the prices of your store-bought paleo products can add up quickly). When it comes to plant-based yogurt, we tend to prefer coconut yogurt for smoothies because of its super creamy texture and mild tang that blends well with the other ingredients. However, unlike cow's milk yogurt, plant-based yogurts tends to be lower in protein, so if you're looking for this smoothie to fill you up and power you through the morning until lunchtime, we recommend adding a spoonful of paleo protein powder to the blender.
Make your paleo parfait smoothie the night before (or even meal prep it in a batch for the whole week) by layering the yogurt and granola into portable and sealable containers like Mason jars. If you don't want your granola to get soggy, you can portion it out and keep it on the side in a small sealable container, which will make it easy to simply toss into your smoothie in the morning for ultimate crunch. You'll save time and you'll be able to enjoy your breakfast anywhere.
Makes 1 serving
1/4 cup coconut yogurt
1/2 frozen banana, sliced, or 4 florets frozen cauliflower
1/2 Tbsp white chia seeds
1/4 to 1/2 cup cashew milk
1 tablespoon paleo vanilla or plain protein powder, optional
1/4 cup paleo granola
How to Make It
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth (add the full ½ cup cashew milk if your blender needs some help).
- Pour half of the smoothie into a glass. Stir in 2 tablespoons granola, then cover with the remaining smoothie. Top with remaining granola.
More content from Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 21 Unexpected Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipes
- – Old-Fashioned New England Dishes and Drinks That Are Still Popular
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 15 Quick & Healthy Potato Salad Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Popular "Midwestern" Dishes That Aren't Actually From the Midwest