Publix Will Now Let You Do Your Grocery Shopping With a Glass of Wine or Beer in Hand
While grocery shopping is often a mundane—and sometimes dreaded—errand, select locations of the popular southern grocery chain Publix have just made the job more fun. And how!
As part of its Publix Pours program, a café-like store feature, the chain can now serve wine and beer to customers, which they can sip on at the bar or as they shop. Talk about taking "Where shopping is a pleasure" seriously. "…whether it's happy hour, Sunday fun day, or anytime, really, you can enjoy a drink at Pours," Publix notes on its website.
The chain currently offers the perk at select Florida locations:
- Plaza Ecco in Orlando
- Clermont Town Center
- Naples Towne Centre (opening on Dec. 1)
- Publix at Halifax in Ormond Beach
- Parkway Village of St. Johns in St. Augustine
According to Fox35 Orlando, Publix Pours is also available in all eight Publix GreenWise Markets—the chain's brand of organic grocery stores. The company plans to open more of these venues at additional stores in the future.
Publix Pours was first launched at a GreenWise Market in Tallahassee in 2018. Aside from alcoholic beverages, the grocery concept also sells coffee, tea, on-tap kombucha, smoothies, and açai bowls.
Rolling out alcoholic drinks isn't the only reason Publix has made headlines recently, though. The employee-owned grocery chain has opened 10 new stores this fall alone, with the retailer unveiling four new locations in one week—twice.
Publix opened the doors of its Lutz, FL. location today. Going forward, the company plans to add four more stores to its portfolio this year. Its upcoming Myrtle Beach, S.C., store at Coventry Marketplace is slated to open on Nov. 30., while the grand opening of its Naples, Fla. store at Naples Towne Centre will happen the following day. Then, on Dec. 14, Publix will open two more Tennessee stores: one at Hickory Ridge Shopping Center in Lebanon and another at Newman's Crossing in Gallatin.
More content from Groceries
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients