Easy Rotisserie Chicken Tacos With Salsa Verde Recipe
Everyone loves rotisserie chicken, and it's a fast and easy go-to for a family dinner in a pinch with no prep needed. But once you're ready to get back in the kitchen, we have this great chicken tacos recipe that you can use with leftover pieces of this delicious meat. Tossed with a good dose of bright, mildly spicy salsa verde, rotisserie chicken is the perfect filling for tacos, burritos, and even enchiladas. Indeed, there might not be a better use of a supermarket rotisserie chicken. Even freshly grilled chicken breasts won't yield better results, because it's hard to top the juiciness of a spit-roasted bird. These chicken tacos with salsa verde are not only delicious, but they are also a much healthier alternative to their chain restaurant counterpart. So get cooking and indulge!
Nutrition: 345 calories, 12 g fat (4.5 g saturated), 800 mg sodium
8 corn tortillas
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (About three-fourths of a store-bought chicken. Be sure to remove the skin first. As delicious as it may be, its finer points will be lost in the salsa-strewn meat itself, so you may as well save the calories.)
1 1⁄2 cups bottled salsa verde
1⁄2 cup crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
1 medium onion, minced
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 limes, quartered
How to Make It
- Heat the tortillas in a large skillet or sauté pan until lightly toasted. Combine the chicken with the salsa in a large mixing bowl, then divide evenly among the tortillas.
- Top with crumbled cheese, onion, and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Eat This Tip
This two-ingredient mixture is simply too delicious to confine to tacos. Here are a few other ways to let it sing:
- Make enchiladas by rolling it into warm corn tortillas. Top with more salsa and Jack cheese, and bake in a 400 ̊F oven for 20 minutes.
- Grill romaine hearts until lightly wilted and top with the chicken mixture, toasted corn, and chopped tomatoes.
- Follow this recipe, but top with a fried egg and eat with a knife and fork.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.