Wendy's Just Added This Fan-Favorite Sandwich to Their Menu
Besides winning the breakfast game, turns out Wendy's also has some major game when it comes to chicken.
The chain has officially upped the ante in the Chicken Sandwich Wars, a heated competition for the best chicken sandwich among fast food chains, complete with regular social media jabs.
Popeyes and Chick-fil-A have been the longstanding neck-to-neck champions of the ultimate chicken sandwich. Chick-fil-A's crispy chicken sandwich in spicy and mild versions quickly became a national obsession, while Popeyes caused a frenzy when it sold out of its new chicken sandwich within a month.
But the competition is heating up. McDonald's recently hinted at taking the crispy chicken battle to the next level with a forthcoming addition of their own chicken sandwich masterpiece. And Wendy's just launched a value item chicken sandwich as part of their 4 for $4 promotion.
The Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich will be a simpler version of their original Spicy Chicken Sandwich, featuring a chicken patty as opposed to chicken breasts. However, Wendy's is making the deal so good, it may just be the factor that propels this new budget-friendly chicken sandwich into stardom.
The 4 for $4 deal is a combo of an entree (choose from Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, Jr. Cheeseburger, Crispy Chicken Sandwich, or Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich), 4-piece chicken nuggets, small fries, and a 16oz drink. To promote the deal, the chain has partnered with Postmates to offer 44,444 fans a free 4 for $4 meal via delivery with any $10 minimum purchase. Get more info here.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Will Close This Longstanding Midwest Location Next Month
- – 26 Items Costco Is Discontinuing Right Now
- – 7 Strict Rules Trader Joe's Employees Have to Follow
- – Walmart Is Making Several Major Changes That Will Impact Your Holiday Shopping
- – Trader Joe's Will Not Bring Back These Two Customer Perks As Food Samples Return
- – 10 Costco Finds Customers Are Currently Raving About
- – 4 Beloved Costco Food Court Favorites That Are Now Overrated, Say Members
- – Major Grocery Chains Are Pulling 24 Cheese Brands From Shelves Due to a Listeria Outbreak