This Beloved Burger Chain Is Bringing Back a Popular Menu Item
As if launching an entirely new breakfast menu wasn't enough for Wendy's this year, the fast-food giant just gave you another reason to get excited: Introducing the delicious, yet oh-so-caloric, Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger.
True Wendy's fans will remember the original Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger that debuted in 2013 as a limited-edition menu item—which made a resurgence in 2014, but only for a short time. Then, in 2016, the chain started testing a Bacon & Beer Cheese Pretzel Burger at select locations. Now, the testing stages are officially over. Wendy's has brought on the new-and-improved pretzel burger as a hopefully permanent menu item, and this time, it has a few extra surprises.
Notice the first Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger was made with squares of American cheese, but the new sandwich is made with both Muenster cheese and a "warm beer cheese sauce," according to The Square Deal, Wendy's blog. The pretzel burger is also stacked with a quarter pound of beef, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, honey mustard, crispy fried onions, and pickles. Not into beef? No problem. You can swap out the beef for a fried chicken breast. (Related: 27 Fast-Food Chicken Sandwiches—Ranked!).
The recipe for this pretzel burger is no joke. It took the culinary team at Wendy's 18 revisions to land on the perfect beer cheese sauce, which is made with a blend of two beers from a local brewery.
"We married the fervor for our former pretzel bun with the increased love for gastropub-inspired flavors and created a cheeseburger that is, in a word, unforgettable," Carl Loredo, CMO for The Wendy's Company said in a statement.
Of course, this is not a sandwich you should order on the regular, because while all of those ingredients sound irresistible, they're also packing a lot of saturated fat, sodium, and calories. The Fast Food Post got ahold of the nutrition information for the new Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger, and it's a bit intense: 730 calories, 44 grams of fat (17 grams saturated fat), 1,070 milligrams sodium, 46 grams carbs, 6 grams sugar, and 39 grams protein.
We repeat, this is an indulgence, not an everyday kind of meal! For more, check out The Best and Worst Menu Items at Wendy's.
More content from Restaurants
- – Starbucks' New Digital Tipping System Slammed by Customers and Baristas Alike
- – 9 Healthiest Fast-Food Breakfasts, According to Dietitians
- – 5 Fast-Food Add-Ons That Are Never Worth Your Money, According to Experts
- – 41-Year-Old Pizza Chain Bertucci's Goes Bankrupt For the Second Time
- – Outback Is Giving Away Free Bloomin' Onions, Thanks To a New Netflix Murder Mystery
- – Would You Spend $65 on One Pizza? Cici's Thinks Its New "Piezilla" Is Worth It
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains That Use Fresh-Cut Potatoes for Their Fries
- – Starbucks Gift Cards Are Kind of a Scam—Here's Why