Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings Are Merging—Here's Everything You Need to Know
In its quest to "have the meats," Arby's officially acquired Buffalo Wild Wings for a beefy $2.9 billion on Monday, February 5, 2018. The two popular restaurant chains, in addition to Mexican fast-casual restaurant R Taco, will operate under the newly-debuted company dubbed Inspire Brands. Each restaurant will continue business as usual, sharing resources yet retaining individualized branding, Business Insider reports.
"We believe the time is right to create a different kind of restaurant company—one with a broad portfolio of distinct brands across a full spectrum of restaurant occasions," said former CEO of Arby's and current CEO of Inspire Brands, Paul Brown, as reported by Nation's Restaurant News. "Our goal is to build an organization that leverages the benefits of scale, not only to save cost but also to enable outsized investments in long-term growth initiatives."
Brown added that Inspire Brands hopes that this new merger will capitalize on each restaurant's unique strengths to build a stronger parent brand that aims to grow both nationally and internationally.
Although we're not forecasting any upcoming menu changes to either chain following this news, perhaps the acquisition will help Buffalo Wild Wings land a spot alongside Arby's on our list of The 30 Most Popular Fast Food Restaurants in America.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Burger
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations
- – 4 Once-Favorite Pizza Chains in America That Went Out of Business
- – The #1 Unhealthiest Steak at Every Popular Steakhouse Chain
- – Taco Bell Will Bring Back One Highly Requested Discontinued Item—and You Get To Choose Which One
- – America's Largest Sandwich Chain Is Facing a Shortage of This Menu Staple, Insiders Claim