The #1 Best Almond Milk to Buy, Says Dietitian
When it comes to alternatives to cow's milk, which one is your favorite? Oat, cashew, almond, pistachio, macadamia—the options are endless.
Plant-based milk is great for those who cannot stomach dairy products or just don't like them. Those who follow a vegan diet also benefit from these alternatives. But when it comes to choosing which almond milk is the best for you, which one do you select?
With so many brands available at supermarkets, it can be hard to ensure you're buying one that's void of unnecessary additives and added sugars. That's why we called on Sydney Greene, MS, RDN, and member of the Eat This, Not That! medical review board for insight on which brand is the best to support right now. But first, we asked her to compare the nutritional benefits of cow's milk to that of almond milk.
Almond milk vs. cow's milk
"When it comes to nutritional benefits, most almond milks don't compare to dairy milk," says Greene.
She points out that dairy milk is naturally higher in protein than most almond milk varieties.
"Many almond milks contain 0-2 grams of protein per glass compared to dairy milk which can have 8-10," she says.
What's the best almond milk brand to buy right now?
Greene says that, out of all of the brands producing almond milk right now, the very best one is MALK.
"There are only three ingredients and about four grams of protein per serving," she says. "The bottles are smaller (and pricier) but this is because more almonds are actually used in the product [rather] than other milks."
So, if you can afford to purchase MALK, that would be the top option. For more tips, be sure to check out 9 Essential Kitchen Tips That Will Elevate Your Next Meal. Then, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Healthy Eating
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Easy, Healthy Smoothie Recipes Your Kids Will Actually Love
- – Are PSLs Dying? I Wanted to Try 5, but Could Only Find These 3
- – 13 Best Food Halloween Costumes for 2022
- – This Is the Best Store-Bought Cheese Dip for Heart Health, According to a Dietitian
- – 8 Sheet-Pan Recipes That Fight Inflammation
- – 7 Tips for Safely Introducing Your Baby to Allergens, According to Experts
- – 4 Ways to Stop Bloating Before It Starts