Here's How to Make Nut Butter at Home With the Easiest Recipe
Although nut butter is one of the cheapest buys at the grocery store, making it at home sure is a treat. Plus, by making your own nut butter, you aren't adding in any extra chemicals or sugars in order to elongate the shelf life of this product. You simply have to blend one ingredient—your favorite nuts!
So grab a bag of your favorite nuts of all time, a food processor or blender, and let's learn a recipe for how to make nut butter at home.
Here is an easy step-by-step tutorial for you to follow!
3 cups of nuts, your choice
1 tablespoon of coconut oil, optional
How to Make It
Roast the nuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the nuts out onto a baking sheet. Roast the nuts for 5-8 minutes, or until the nuts are golden brown and have a deliciously nutty aroma.
Process until creamy
Dump the nuts into your food processor and blend. Seriously, that's it! Here's the thing to keep in mind about nut butter: It takes time. At first, the nuts will be grainy—almost like sand. You may have to stop the food processor a few times to scoop the edges and avoid burnout for your food processor, but keep going. Soon, the nut mixture will become creamy and smooth nut butter!
However, if you're finding yourself processing the nuts for longer than you think (it may take up to 10 minutes to do), you could always throw in a teaspoon to a tablespoon of coconut oil to loosen it up.
Add in any flavoring
While this creamy nut butter is simple and tasty enough, you can always add in some flavoring to give your nut butter a pinch of goodness. Make a peanut butter salty by adding in some extra sea salt, or spice up an almond butter with some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. You could even sweeten the nut butter with some honey or maple syrup. If you're using hazelnuts, you could mix in some melted chocolate for your very own chocolate-hazelnut spread!
Store in a jar up to 3 weeks
Now that you have the perfect creamy concoction, it's time to store it! Storing nut butter in a Mason jar will probably be your best bet, because it has a great seal. It should last in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Nut Butter Full Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the nuts onto a baking sheet. Roast the nuts in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add the nuts to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy—it usually takes up to 10 minutes. Mix every so often. If you want it even creamier, add in the coconut oil, if desired.
- Mix in any flavoring you desire. You could add salt, cinnamon, honey, etc.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to three weeks.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Best Keto-Friendly Comfort Food Recipes
- – 20+ Healthy Mug Recipes You Can Make in 5 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 7 Quick & Healthy Charcuterie Board Ideas for Any Occasion
- – 5-Day Diabetes Meal Plan to Balance Blood Sugar
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 11 Old-Fashioned Snacks With Healthy Modern Twists
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make