McDonald's is Bringing Back the Dollar Menu—Here's Why We're Excited
Update 12/5/17: McDonald's has revealed which menu items will be featured on the new dollar menu, debuting on January 4, 2018.
Remember those days when you could drive thru the golden arches and order a large sweet tea or the four-piece McNuggets for just a buck each? Well, the long-lost Dollar Menu is returning—and in a big way.
About four years post axing the original Dollar Menu, McDonald's recently announced plans to roll out its reinvented value menu in early 2018. Despite a recent sales surge, the fast food chain has been struggling to attract budget-conscious consumers since retiring the deals and is hoping this new innovation will help win over lost devotees nationwide.
"This perhaps is the biggest $MCD news in yrs & has been in development for a very long time," McDonald's insider, @McD_Truth, tweeted, adding that it "has the potential to be bigger" than the All Day Breakfast menu.
So what should we expect on Mickey D's revamped value menu? Reportedly, items' price points will range from $1 to $3. As for the actual offerings, the restaurant giant hasn't yet given us a glimpse. The original Dollar Menu, which debuted in 2002, featured eight products priced at a mere dollar each. The 460-calorie Sausage Biscuit and the small fries, which pack in 230 calories and a whopping 11 grams of fat, were popular $1 hits, so we're predicting they'll make an appearance on the new value menu.
A sandwich we're actually excited to (hopefully) see discounted in 2018 is the Eat This-approved McDouble, which clocks in under 400 calories and boasts 2 grams of fiber and 23 grams of protein. If you do plan to pay your local joint a visit once these deals roll out next year, make sure to scan our list of Every Menu Item at McDonald's—Ranked before you pay up.
More content from Restaurants
- – 5 Truths About Burger Chains That Will Make You Lose Your Appetite
- – 14 Old-Fashioned Burger Chains You'll Never See Again
- – Subway Just Announced Massive Menu Changes
- – 7 Sandwich Chains With the Most Food Quality Complaints
- – 11 Secrets KFC Doesn't Want You to Know
- – 4 Restaurant Chains Making the Biggest Comebacks After Bankruptcy
- – This Pizza Chain Could More Than Double in Size in "No Time," Thanks to Growing Popularity
- – 5 Regional Fast-Food Chains Customers Are Flocking To